PDA

View Full Version : Numbers advice needed

Jo&BabyDillon
17-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

I could really do with some advice at the moment on my numbers if you all dont mind.

I currenlty have my own son who is 10 months old and in April when he is 1 i will be taking on a 6 month old. Also, i have a 2 year old little girl starting next week, however; i have now been asked to take on 5 & 6 year old brothers 3 days a week from 7am in the morning and drop off at school and pick them up at 3 until 5pm.

I will also have a 5 and 8 year old extra in the school holidays, which in the holidays will give me 7 children.

I am a new childminder and am a little unsure whether by taking on the 2 boys i will be taking on a little too much.

I was wandering if anyone else had this many children and coped or whether to let the family down as it is alot of work.

Can you let me know your thoughts as i am really stressed about what to do?

Thanks Jo :panic:

miffy
17-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi Jo

If you're not sure about taking on so much work then my advice is don't.

You have a lot of new ones all starting together - you need to get to know them. Two young babies is hard work so I think you're right to be cautious about taking on too much.

I'd start the new baby and 2 year old and then see how you feel a few months down the line - these will be your main earners not the after school children.

Good luck

Miffy xx