PDA

View Full Version : help i am gravely concerned about safety of my mindees,

honey
20-04-2008, 06:42 PM
i had a phone call yesterday asking if i had spaces available for 2 children in sept!!!!!!
She said she knew where i lived and got my address and email ad from the local cis ( just looked and my address and email isnt on there!!! neither is my home number just my mobile, she phoned me on my home number) she also went to the nursery school that one of mindees go to she was shown around and she mentioned that a childminder would be bringing her child to school, she was then told by someone at the school that one of their children was bought here by a childminder and he was pointed out and his name was given!!!!!!!!! i dont know but alarm bells are ringing. I dont know wether someone has got a vendetor agaisnt me as i turned away someone 2 weeks ago and she was quite annoyed.
This woman is coming to see me tomorrow afternoon at 1.30 whilst i am minding and the children i care for are asleep.
Is it just me thinking the worst

crazybones
20-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I does sound strange. Do you have a telephone no and contact details for them? Is there any way you could put them off visiting while you are alone. If you are worried I dont think you should see them while you are alone.

honey
20-04-2008, 06:48 PM
i have a telephone number and a name thats al. i also know that they live on the estate opposite me. thats it!!!!!!!!!!

flora
20-04-2008, 06:50 PM
does all seem a bit odd, hope it's nothing more than your imagination.

Have you a friend/ relative that can be around tomorrow for you if you are worried???

miffy
20-04-2008, 06:53 PM
If you are concerned then phone her and postpone the visit to a time when you are not minding and can have someone at home with you.

miffy xx

avril
20-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Maybe contact cis in the morning and ask their advice, maybe one of them could come out if free.
Hope all goes well.

Avril x:)

elaineg
20-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I would get somebody to sit with you, did you have a childminder friend or are you in a network, I wouldnt see them on my own if I was at all worried put it off until you can get someone to sit with you, even if they sit upstairs and just listen in.

love Elaine XXX

Lottie
20-04-2008, 07:16 PM
i had a phone call yesterday asking if i had spaces available for 2 children in sept!!!!!!
She said she knew where i lived and got my address and email ad from the local cis ( just looked and my address and email isnt on there!!! neither is my home number just my mobile, she phoned me on my home number)

That on it's own sounds very dodgy to me.

I would call her back and ask her, tell her it's out of curiosity so as not to rock the boat, how she got your address and home no. when cis doesn't list this, and see what her reply is.

she also went to the nursery school that one of mindees go to she was shown around and she mentioned that a childminder would be bringing her child to school, she was then told by someone at the school that one of their children was bought here by a childminder and he was pointed out and his name was given!!!!!!!!!

Again this sounds dodgy to me and sounds like she is snooping. I quite agree that you have every reason to be concerned and I don't think you should allow her in the house. Fullstop. Until she gives you a proper explanation to how she got hold of your details at the very least.

Monkey1
20-04-2008, 07:19 PM
If your worried i would get someone to sit with you. Good luck, lets hope your worried over nothing!

sarah707
20-04-2008, 07:19 PM
If you are concerned then you should not be alone when someone visits...

chels55
20-04-2008, 07:30 PM
That is really weird, if you cant postpone then make sure you have another childminder/adult with you as you can never be too careful.

ruby
20-04-2008, 07:34 PM
i agree have some one there with you if not cancel until there is some on with you
very weird

cathy

Pipsqueak
20-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to say I agree with whats been said - trust your instincts/gut reaction. Personally I would call and cancel - you obviously don't feel "right" about this.

If you can't cancel have someone else there with you, another minder, neighbour, anyone (even if you have to ask your development officer!).

Hope it all pans out ok xxxxx

honey
20-04-2008, 08:03 PM
thankyou to all. I have just phoned her up and apologised for being so late, and i have cancelled it until tuesday evening when my husband is here. I am also going to phone the cis in the morning and ask if they send out this information of where i live etc, I am also going to see the headmaster at the school and view my concerns about this childs confidentiality being abused. His mom isnt too pleased either!!!!!!!!!!

Blaze
20-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Just wanted to say I agree with whats been said - trust your instincts/gut reaction. Personally I would call and cancel - you obviously don't feel "right" about this.

If you can't cancel have someone else there with you, another minder, neighbour, anyone (even if you have to ask your development officer!).

Hope it all pans out ok xxxxx

I would also go with your gut instinct...cancel for when your not minding 7 have omeone with you.

Blaze:)

crazybones
20-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Let us know how you get on. Good Luck and hope it is all innocent. :thumbsup:

Jinx
20-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree with everything the others have said.
If you decide to go ahead, then let us know everythings ok.

Jinx x

aly
20-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Just thinking [might be different with areas etc] but a few years ago when i was lookign into childcare I contacted the CIS and they gave me a few pages with childminders details on.

It would list their address and telephone details etc.

If this is how she got your details then the CIS would have some sort of record???

angeldelight
20-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Glad you managed to contact her and change the times of her visit

Hope it goes ok

Angel xx

RedDragon
21-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Let us know how you got on.

donnahay0
21-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree with Lottie about ringing her back and asking her where she got your details from.

Also it is not worth risking - don't be alone when she comes.

Keep us posted.

Alibali
21-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Just thinking [might be different with areas etc] but a few years ago when i was lookign into childcare I contacted the CIS and they gave me a few pages with childminders details on.

It would list their address and telephone details etc.

If this is how she got your details then the CIS would have some sort of record???

I believe that the list that the CIS post out has more details on it than appear on the website, our local CIS has just sent us all out forms asking what we want to appear and what we don't. As a childminder I feel that people can get you phone number quite easily, through other people etc, I never do a first visit when I am minding, I like to meet people before I allow them to be near my mindees. Hope all goes well.

Ali :)

breezy
21-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Sounds odd, let us know how it goes.

Monkey1
21-04-2008, 07:02 PM
What happened?

miffy
21-04-2008, 07:06 PM
What happened?

I think the meeting is tomorrow evening

Pleased you were able to rearrange it so your hubby can be there

miffy xx

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Good luck tomorrow

Angel xx

Donkey
21-04-2008, 09:51 PM
i think cis give quite a lot of information out.

when I was searching for a minder for my little girl my local cis gave me this ladies urn!!!!! :panic:

Silverrose
22-04-2008, 03:33 AM
mybe the word about u being a minder getting around, word of mouth normaly the best form of letting people know were u are. just a thought.
all the best of luck.
ps a little can of body spray in ur pocket is a safty idea..
i sprayed my self the bell rang i put it in my pocket.
i neaver intended it to become a wepon tully sir.
just one of my saftey things that i can't get booked on.
all the best

honey
22-04-2008, 09:11 AM
well i cancelled the appointment for tonight at 6.30 when my hubby is around. I have phoned up the cis and they do give out addresses with the house number on!!! I also asked at the nursery school if this lady had been around and they said yes, but what bothers me the most is that she new the name of one of my mindees and what colour hair he has got:panic: Apparantley she went to visit the nursery class where her child will be going and was told by 1 of the teachers that there is a child here that is brouhgth by a childminder and have no trouble at all with it, they didint mention any names ( so they say) oh well i will dig a bit more tonight and ask her straight out where she got one of mindees names from and if it is the school then there is going to be hell to pay.

emmadines
22-04-2008, 05:13 PM
oh please let us know who you get on!!!!

Michelle M
22-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Good luck hope everything is ok. Keep us updated :)

miffy
22-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Hope it went OK

miffy xx

Pipsqueak
22-04-2008, 07:38 PM
How'd it go Honey???

Jinx
23-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Any news? How did it go?

Jinx x

Pipsqueak
23-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Honey - how did it go?

Teresa
23-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I hope everything is ok.

emmadines
23-04-2008, 07:19 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/BeautifulRoses11/Smilies/bump1.gif

breezy
24-04-2008, 06:04 PM
How was it???????????????????

Rubybubbles
24-04-2008, 06:13 PM
just caught up on this

how it go?

katickles
24-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Just checking to see how everything has gone? :)

son77
24-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Hope all went ok & you found out what you wanted to know.

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 06:34 PM
gosh, just read this, am curious like the rest, hope it all went ok.

Maureen

Michelle M
24-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Has anyone heard how the meeting went?

mrsh
24-04-2008, 11:13 PM
how did it go?? Anyone know yet?

honey
25-04-2008, 08:59 AM
thanks for the reminder :blush: really sorry but i have been busy
right o.k

The meeting went o.k she seemed to be genuine, she did say she has been to see other childminders in my area. She came on her own didnt bring her kids etc.
She confirmed what i had thought that school had pointed out one of my mindees and told her his name and i think i must have gave it away as i told her that all of my mindees had got blonde hair( yes i know i shouldnt have said that:mad: ) and she had put 2 and 2 together.
So just incase i am keeping him on a tight lead.

She seemes to have a routine tho that she changes her childs care every 6 months for some reason or another which i found werid!!!!!!
She said when i have a space or when i know what days i can have her 2 children to let her know but i think i will just say that i cnat accomodate her for the 1 and half days that she needs.
Oh well at least it went o.k and i didnt give away info about the children, and thankyou for all fro your concern you have all been a great support and help

sarah707
25-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Good to hear it went ok honey... I think you might be right to say you are full though...

Apart from anything else, with eyfs there is a lot being made about continuity of care and writing up learning journeys etc. It would be an awful lot of work if she's going to take the children away after just a few months.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :D

Nix
25-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Glad to hear it went ok.

Nix, x

breezy
25-04-2008, 06:13 PM
that is good news, glad it went ok :)