PDA

View Full Version : How oftern do you do parental questionaires?

aly
16-02-2011, 10:42 PM
and what do you do with them?

I know when it comes to my inspection in 2 years that I will have to give out to parents but do you ask parents to do them , how oftern and what do you do with them? Portfolio?

Thanks

Straws
16-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I did one last year, will do another at next contract review, keep mine at the back of my folder along with references.

Strawsx

sue m
17-02-2011, 05:27 AM
I've just done them last week. I put the form in the lo's bags with a note saying sorry to do this but I need to send these out now and again and please don't feel you have to only put nice things :o , put exactly what you feel. I was really chuffed to get all three back which were absolutely lovely :littleangel: I've put them in the lj's so Ofsted can read them and also kept copies for myself - cos they were so lovely. I was a bit concerned that the parents would put nice things (cos they are all such lovely parents) and not want to 'offend' me. Iyswim.

I'd do them at contract review time too.

mrsmaggy
17-02-2011, 06:49 AM
I do them 6 months after the family have been with me then yearly, they are then put in the back of my portfolio with references and letters from parents and children! :D

onceinabluemoon
17-02-2011, 07:02 AM
I used to do short ones on a monthly basis but parents cant really be bothered with them and just used to tick the boxes without putting anything in the comments spaces...

Now I don't bother at all because parents just hate the forms (even the child info update form which I only do once a year!!)

sarah707
17-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I do them twice a year and evaluate them to say how many I got back and what parents said.

I use the info to feed back into my practice and my SEF.

Most parents don't fill them in - I ask verbally and write the answers myself.

Hth :D

Carol M
17-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I do them termly and have a few differing ones so hopefully parents don't get fed up with them.
I put them in my PD file and respond to them e.g. One parent wanted a daily food record sheet to take home (just like they had in nursery)
I do food diaries for each child which are kept here and are available at all times for parents to view but mum wanted a sheet done (just like nursery:( )
So have done it and she is happy.
Sometimes responses by parents have made me review my service and improve so, as Sarah does , I use in my SEF ( or will do when I get round to doing it :blush: )
Carol xx

manjay
17-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I do them every 6 months and the repsonses feed into my quality of care review. Then when I complete my SAF I will make notes of any alterations to my practice as a result of parent feedback.

snufflepuff
17-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I send them out roughly every 6 months or so.

It's interesting really, some of the things they write on them that for whatever reason they felt they couldn't say to my face. Like the parent who said they are getting LO to nap after lunch now instead of in the morning so can I do the same here please. :laughing:

Mouse
17-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I do one 6 months after the child has started, then annually. They go in my self reflection folder along with my self evaluation forms. I make a note of any general changes I've made because of the feedback.

I also put copies in the child's individual folder and make notes of any specific changes I've made for that child as a result of feedback.

angeldelight
17-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I've just done them last week. I put the form in the lo's bags with a note saying sorry to do this but I need to send these out now and again and please don't feel you have to only put nice things :o , put exactly what you feel. I was really chuffed to get all three back which were absolutely lovely :littleangel: I've put them in the lj's so Ofsted can read them and also kept copies for myself - cos they were so lovely. I was a bit concerned that the parents would put nice things (cos they are all such lovely parents) and not want to 'offend' me. Iyswim.

I'd do them at contract review time too.

Yes and I am really proud of you Sue you should be well chuffed :clapping: :clapping:

I do mine every 6 mths and put them in their folder

Angel xx

aly
17-02-2011, 05:39 PM
thanks all....:thumbsup:

1 mum has just gone home with one, and she said to me one of the questions..i think about food, she said that her hubby would answer that, sayign they want me to make them food lol, they say she wont eat at home for them but will for me...:D

Gherkin
17-02-2011, 06:08 PM
At least once a year and they go out dependent on what is happening - so if I have had lots of new parents in the last 5/6 months a questionairre would go out. I then keep them in a file ready for Ofsted to view. If any issues are noted I follow it up and I study them to see if there are ways to improve my practice.