PDA

View Full Version : what paperwork to keep for 21+ years

Chimps Childminding
16-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I know we have to keep some information for 21+ years :rolleyes: but can anyone tell me EXACTLY what paperwork we have to keep?

miss mopple
16-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Accident and medications records for 21+ yrs

Financial records for 7 years

rickysmiths
17-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Accident/Incident and I keep attendance records and contracts.

You don't have to keep them for 21yrs it is until the child reaches the age of 21yrs and they say to keep them for an extra 3mths over this. The reason for this is that the child, once they reach 18yrs themselves are entitled to make a claim against you in their own right. They have 3 years in which to make a claim against you, hence them having to be 21yrs 3mths.

I have been a cm for 17yra and have just got rid of the first lot of file because the mindee is now 22yrs. All the next ones are the same age as dd so I have 3yrs to go before I get rid of about 6 more files.

So if you take on a 6yr old after schoolie you will only keep their file for a total of 15yrs and a bit, from the day they start with you IYSWIM

Penny1959
17-02-2011, 05:24 AM
I keep everything that I regard as my records - financal, contracts, permission forms etc (in other words anything not given to parent when child leaves) forever - once out of folders it does not take up too much space - I keep it downstairs for a few years - then move to loft.

Penny :)

Chimps Childminding
17-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks! I was just wondering as I put my Attendance Record Sheets in with my tax stuff, but thinking about it you only have to keep that for 7 years, so I was thinking I need to keep Attendance Records elsewhere :rolleyes:

sarah707
17-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Don't forget to keep proof of being insured and registered! :D