PDA

View Full Version : Making Tea

elaineg
20-04-2008, 06:39 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but if you offer the Ofsted Inspector a cup of tea or coffee is it OK to leave any children with her while you make the tea or do you have to make them all go into the kitchen with you, would it be OK to put babies in a playpen and leave three year olds in toy room or sitting room. Or do you just not offer them a cup of tea.

love Elaine XXX

jaja
20-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I actually left my daughter 2 and the minded 3 year old with the inspector in the lounge, nothing was said to me, but i know others where the inspector has said something. It all depends on your inspector, and what children you have at the time, and where your kitchen is compared to where the children are. dont know if that helped or not, hopefully,

jen

xx:littleangel:

avril
20-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Remember you will have to be careful offering hot drinks around the children, I offered the inspector a cold drink for safety.

Avril x:)

miffy
20-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I must be really mean because I didn't offer her a drink at all!!!

miffy xx

sarah707
20-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I had inspector in the front room... kids playing in the conservatory / garden and me in the kitchen making tea in lidded cups :D

Lou
20-04-2008, 07:10 PM
MY house is quite samll and open plan so i did make her a cup of tea but made a point of asking her to keep it out of reach and up high!!!

chubbymummy
20-04-2008, 07:11 PM
i offered her a drink and said that as it was lunch time i thought she should sit at the table with us and eat lunch as this is what i do at mealtimes with the children

she declined luch but did sit at the table with us

crazybones
20-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I combined making a cup of tea with making the snacks so children and inspector followed me into kitchen after they all washed their hands. I then asked her to move my files so she could put her tea out of reach of the children, although they were sat with a snack and couldnt get to the tea. I noticed later I had left mine in the kitchen too nervous to drink it,

Jinx
20-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I did the same as Annie. Plonked the kids in their highchairs, (after cleaning hands), gave them a snack and drink, then offered the inspector a coffee.
She came into the kitchen to drink it, I couldn't drink mine either!:panic:

Good luck

Jinx

christine e
20-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi
I offered inspector a hot drink when children were sat down eating there lunch in the kitchen, she was in another room, I explained that I don't drink tea or coffee so they were not used to hot drinks being around so if she wanted one she could have it now but only now. She declined and I didn't offer again.
Christine

angeldelight
20-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I didnt think it was a silly question at all to be honest

Most is about common sense though and about how you go about doing something

I would do the same as most

Angel xx

Alibali
21-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I only offered water or milk as that is what the mindees were getting at snack time, she refused but I sat at the table with the kids and drank my water!

Ali xx

deeb66
21-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I offered my inspector a cup of tea/coffee but told her that she would have to drink it in the kitchen as I do not allow hot drinks in the living room when the minded children are in the house.

Luckily she refused :D

donnahay0
21-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I offered my inspector a cuppa but sh declined, maybe that was lucky for me. Because she said no I didn't make one and I was gasping by the time she left. Next time I will just have a cold drink.

Isn't it awful how we can't even feel comfortable about having a drink in our homes - if we want a cup of tea when the inspector isn't there we just make one. It's got far too silly.

lilliuspillius
22-04-2008, 11:06 AM
the minded children were playing in my view when i made tea for the inspector, she was also playing with them!

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I made a cup of coffee for the inspector and gave it to her where she was sat at the far side of the dining table where I'd plonked her. There was no danger of the children getting to it.