PDA

View Full Version : eyfs obs sheets?

jaja
20-04-2008, 06:25 PM
hi

This may sound a daft question but am slighty confused :blush: where do you record all your observations? do everyone need a record sheet with questions on to answer? or like my scrapbook which logs down the pictures and items the children have done? or do i need to write something else down?

At the moment i have a scrapbook which i fill with pictures, pieces of art, writing they have done ect but i dont write about what it relates to, ie what skills ect. am i doing right or do i need to log more information down? plus the child takes the scrapbook when its full, do i need to keep a copy?

Sorry to ask loads of questions but it has got me confused on what they expect to see. any suggestions? please:blush:

jen

xx

sarah707
20-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Scrapbook is good... just link back to eyfs as you go, depending on the child's age and developmental level :D

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Sounds like you are doing everything right Jen so dont worry

Angel xx

Rach30
24-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Sounds good to me ! Have also been reading other posts about people who use folders . This is what i'm gonna start doing . Will implement it over the summer i think.

nannan
27-04-2008, 08:23 PM
as has been said, you are doing a good job, just link it with the eyfs as Sarah has said.

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi.

I have just joined this site and its fab for information.
I am just starting to try and get into observations and so far have been observing, taking photos and wriiting it down on post it notes.

NOW IM STUCK!!..:blush:

Not sure how to go on form there.
Im gonna buy a scrap book at weekend to stick it all in. But im really stuck on what i do now. I know you are saying to link it in with EYFS; but do you do that on a typed out sheet?? And sticking that in.

I know i sound thick! I wish i could just see some examples to get me started???
Im just confused as to where to go from the actual obs.???

Thanks

Tatia
01-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry! I use it post-it notes, too, along with my regular form. I stick the post-it notes and photos on A4 paper behind the formal obs sheet. My network coordinator loved it cos it showed I was constantly observing at the moment rather than waiting and writing stuff from memory later on.

Tatia
01-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Meant to add that under the post-it note and the photos I write the early learning goal that it pertains to.

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Whats the formal observarion sheet???!!! Not sure i have that?????

Tatia
01-05-2008, 08:22 AM
That's the term I use for the sheet I made up on the computer. It's very simple and I use one a week. Has 6 boxes down the front with the ELG headings. I jot down observations in the appropriate box. When I run out of room, that's when I start adding the post-it notes behind that.

Tatia
01-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh and have a look at Sarahnev707's website. She has some EYFS planning e-books for sale. Haven't seen that one peosnally but I have other e-books she's written and they are fantastic.

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh thanks.

Think on other threads people have mentioned her site; will try and find one of her threads to look!!:)

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Derr!! Its up the top of this thread!! Will look now!

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Not sure which one to go for???

sarah707
01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
When you've seen what the child is doing / how he is learning / what he is interested in etc, jot it down... the reasoning behind the post it notes is that you don't have to write lots... just a quick note saying exactly what you have seen.

Keep it positive - think about being a parent reading it...what would you want to read?

Then have a look at the eyfs for the age and stage of the child. There are lots of ideas for how to enhance their learning and how to help them move on from what you have observed ... those are the child's next steps that you plan for.

Hope this makes sense :D

mindermummy
01-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi Sarah,

I have just bought your observation info, so im hoping this will start me off in the right direction.:)

sarah707
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Now I know your real name!! :laughing:

Thank you for the order - I really hope it helps... ask if you're not sure about any of it.

I'll send it now before I go to bed :D

mindermummy
02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks so much, havent properly looked yet, but will do later and if i need any help will just ask. Thanks.x:jump for joy: