PDA

View Full Version : not sure whether to text mum or not.....

mrs robbie williams
16-02-2011, 02:42 PM
had a lady round today with lo who is 3, she came last week without lo and had arranged to bring him today which was fine - but i thought she would have been signing today? had all paperwork ready but she didnt mention it. I asked if she has given her current minder notice yet but she hasnt although she's not happy with her. She has arranged to come again next weds for couple of hours and leave lo here - i dont mind but im beginning to feel like she's using me as an unpaid cheche :laughing: just wondered should i text/ring her tonight and say is x definitely going to require a space with me. He is going to be taking my last early years space xx

snufflepuff
16-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't do settling session without a signed contract and deposit paid.

Apparently a few years ago there was a parent going round all the childminders in our town and arranging several settling in sessions with all those who were willing, but never actually signed contracts with anyone! It was jut a free childcare service for her!

grindal
16-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I would not be prepared to have a lo left with me unless contracts had been signed and a deposit paid.

You should also have all paperwork like parental permission forms, medical forms and policies and the like signed before a mindee is left with you. Your insurance will not cover you or the child unless this has been done. Get in touch with mum and explain all this to her.

mummyof3
16-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I would say to her she can not leave lo with you without all the signed paperwork so could she arrive 15mins earlier to fill it in. She could be a relaxed parent who hasn't given it a second thought or she could like you say be using you as an unpaid creche! :rolleyes: I personally would not do a settling in session without ALL the relevant paperwork and contracts in place. :D

rickysmiths
16-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I would say to her she can not leave lo with you without all the signed paperwork so could she arrive 15mins earlier to fill it in. She could be a relaxed parent who hasn't given it a second thought or she could like you say be using you as an unpaid creche! :rolleyes: I personally would not do a settling in session without ALL the relevant paperwork and contracts in place. :D

:eek: My paper work takes at least 1.5hrs to fill in and they have to take the child info form away beacuse they never have the details of emergency contacts or doctors number etc. I could possibly do it in 15mins on a working day. I had new parents here on Sun am and it took 2hrs going through everything and making sure they were aware of all my policies etc before they signed. Don't want them turning round saying I hadn't told them something.:thumbsup:

I to would never have a lo here without contracts and deposit and child info. If you don't have these in place you are not insured and you are breaking the terms of your registration with OFSTED.

welshcake
16-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I would text her and just say does she want the place as you need to get her al signed up ready to start as you have had a few enquiries and it is your last place.

I wouldnt leave it otherwise she could just mess you around.

I hate timewasters :angry:

melanieabigail2004
16-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Text her and advise that you need to know whether she wants the place or not. I don't offer settling in sessions without a contract signed first.

caz3007
16-02-2011, 03:48 PM
No signed contracts, no child left for settling. I would let her know that she wont be leaving child unless contracts signed. Its just not the done thing.

catminder
16-02-2011, 03:55 PM
The mum may want to take time to be sure she makes the right decision, especially if she is not happy with present cm. It may be good idea to ask her what specific issues she has with present cm and then you may be able to help her decide after talking about your setting and how you could fulfil her requirements. Good luck!

Mouse
16-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I have to agrtee with the others, I don;t do settling in sessions until all the paperwork is completed and we have a start date. I then do settling in sessions leading up to the start date.

If mum hasn't even given notice to the other minder yet it sounds as if she is viewing these as trial session rather than settling in sessions (ie. seeing how it works out, rather than settling lo ready for starting with you.)

Phone her (don't text) and find out exactly what she wants. If she doesn't have a firm start date yet, tell her to contact you again when she does and you'll arrange a couple of short sessions then.

nic t
16-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I agree too.

Settling in sessions are for when a child is definately starting and as the others have said when all of the paperwork is in place.

georgie456
16-02-2011, 04:32 PM
I learned the hard way a long time ago to never do settling in sessions without completed paperwork first.