PDA

View Full Version : Permission?

kel1983
16-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Next week we were planning trip out but my mums car insurance company want way too much money to allow her to use it to carry me and mindees in so we have decided to catch the train. Which actually works out cheaper than driving. Kids 5-15 only £1 :thumbsup: and under 5's free

Well I have signed permission to take the mindees out on every day outings but not on bigger outings such as this.

I will obviously let the parents know my plans and check that this is ok with them. I'm a little stuck on what to write in a permission form though.

Can someone help me out a little. I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance

Flisspaps
16-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Child name _____________________________________________

I give permission for the above child to go to (destination) with (childminder name) on (date)

I understand that they will travel by train from (station) to (station) and I am happy for them to do so.

Signed ___________________________ Date ___________________

I used to have to make them up for school trip letters in a past life :D

kel1983
16-02-2011, 12:43 PM
wow thank you Flisspaps. Thats perfect. :thumbsup:

moljak
16-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Does your mums insurance need to know?
Can we not just take mindees in other peoples cars under their usual insurance if we have parents permission?

I don't drive but asked one parents permission for mindee to travel in my sisters car with us.Her insurance is just her usual.Is this not allowed???????????????

moljak
16-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Can we not just take mindees in other peoples cars under their usual insurance if we have parents permission?

I don't drive but asked one parents permission for mindee to travel in my sisters car with us.Her insurance is just her usual.Is this not allowed???????????????

mrsoliver
16-02-2011, 02:49 PM
My blanket permissions state that parents give me permission to do local outings and trips further away that may require the use of public transport.

Daisy1956
16-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I also print a copy of the train timetable and mark on the trains i intend to use. :)

rickysmiths
16-02-2011, 03:07 PM

I wouldn't think you would be covered because you are running a business when you are out in your mums car, you are being paid to care for the mindees. Such a trip is not a dire emergency. I wouldn't be happy doing this, which is why my dh car is covered for business use as well as mine. I wouldn't take mindees in my MIL car though.

rickysmiths
16-02-2011, 03:09 PM
My blanket permissions state that parents give me permission to do local outings and trips further away that may require the use of public transport.

This is what I do so I don't have to get permission each time. I do inform the parents where we are planning to go. For instance next Mon I am taking 2 mindees on the tube into London to go to the Nat History Museum. One of them is dinosaur mad!

kel1983
16-02-2011, 04:25 PM
For instance next Mon I am taking 2 mindees on the tube into London to go to the Nat History Museum. One of them is dinosaur mad!

I would love to live closer to London. Next thursday I have no mindees so me my bf and cousin are off to London for the day. Its an 1.5 hours to get there by train.

I dont use public transport that often as I live 5 minutes walk from the city center