PDA

View Full Version : early years want my ofsted application form

jumpinjen
20-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi,

we have a VERY pro-active early years team guiding us through the registration process, but they have booked us a one-to-one interview and want me to give them all the completed forms for ofsted, including CM1, CM2 and doctors form, I'm not happy to hand them over really as it's personal information that i think should be shared on a need-to-see basis and i don't understand why she needs to see them... is this normal or can i refuse to hand them over??

thanks, Jenni:eek:

sarah707
20-04-2008, 06:03 PM
There is nothing that says you MUST hand them over... what are they doing it for I wonder? Is it like the post office checks your passport application before you send it off?

Nothing stopping you from saying thanks but no thanks :D

chubbymummy
20-04-2008, 06:04 PM
the decision about what to to is yours

we had to send our own forms off when we were ready

i spent a couple of months getting everything ready in my setting first, that was my personal choice then and if i was to repeat the process i certainly would not take as long

jaja
20-04-2008, 06:13 PM
hi

only do something if you feel comfortable with it.

Anyone know who the early years team is for lincolnshire? just that i have neer spoken to anyone from there in five years! should i have done?

am confused!!!

jen

xxx

jumpinjen
20-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure, I just think the lead person likes to be tightly in control of everyone, but she's not really the kind of person I'd wnat to get on the wrong side of, espcially as she controls access to training courses, the toy library, set up grants etc etc!!!

I'm capable of checking the forms myself and if they are sitting around in her office then they're not exactly secure, and like you say, I am better sending them off when I am ready, and as i flapped like the proverbial chicken when the letter about it arrived, I'm definately not ready yet!!!

Thanks for the back up!!

jenni x :)

jumpinjen
20-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I think your contact depends on the type of set up early years run.... so no you don't have to have been in touch, it's all tied up with sure start where i live and the improving children's lives initiatives. It does annoy me a little cos I am supposed to be setting up as self-employed and marching to her drum is slighlty irritating!!!

Jenni x:(

miffy
20-04-2008, 08:29 PM
You could always thank her for her offer of help but say you are happy with the forms and have posted them off (when you're ready) then find something else you need help with like training to distract her :) - that is if you want to be polite about it :)

miffy xx

Tatia
21-04-2008, 09:06 AM
What a control freak. You'd think she'd have too many other things to be getting on with than sticking her beak into your forms. I'd politely decline, as well.

jumpinjen
21-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Well I have agreed to meet her on Friday so I will update then on whether she blew her top and I am excommunicated from all training!!!!

Jenni x:laughing: