PDA

View Full Version : First week and have to close tomorrow :o/

Fraggle1
15-02-2011, 10:49 PM
My poor baby has been sick from about 1830, he keeps throwing up and we must of done about 4 bed changes. I've made the decision to close tomorrow as I wouldn't want to pass this on...just can't believe it, he's not ill for ages and my first week and doh! On the plus side I get to cuddle my baby all day tomorrow and get him well. Just I'd share xx

Happy Gardener
15-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Poor you, but these things happen. I had been childminding for 2 weeks, when both of mine were sick, 3 days apart! I felt really bad, but my parents were fine.

I hope that you enjoy your day together, providing there is no more illness.

Cazz
15-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I know how you feel - I started minding in November and had to close on my 2nd day! :eek:

My dd started throwing up the Monday evening after she went to bed - fortunately the parents were very understanding and dad managed to swap his day off with someone to care for the children.

Don't forget you're supposed to be closed for 48 hours from the last bout of illness so that will mean you'll have to close on Thursday as well.

Hope your little boy is feeling better soon x

Fraggle1
16-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks girls! It's good to know this hasn't just happened to me! The parent is really nice and seems really understanding, I've closed today and will close tomorrow and start afresh next week - luckily I only have him 3 days a week anyway so I've got until next tues to get my house clean and get rid of all germs. My poor little boy has brought his boots up again this morning - bless. xx

sarah707
16-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope he feels better soon! xx

Fraggle1
16-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Sarah - luckily no sick since 1430ish! Fingers crossed :) x

Zoomie
16-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Fingers crossed your LO is on the mend :)

Last March I was closed for a total of 13 working days.

My entire family got stuck down by V&D one after the other. Eventually I reopened for 4 days and then came down with some viral bug that floored me for another 6 (working) days.

All families were really supportive, even family who had to delay their start date by 2 week.

Fraggle1
16-02-2011, 09:36 PM
how awful for you...it's nice to know that the parents where so supportive, I think it just crossed my mind that if my parent had used a nursery they wouldn't have this problem, but then they choose a childminder for a reason. :) xx

miffy
16-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Hope he's feeling better soon.

Miffy xx