PDA

View Full Version : Help

Chloe123
20-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Im 24 and am looking to start a career as a full time childminder i need as much help as possible, I mean where do i start and whats the first thing i need to do.

sarah707
20-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Hello Chloe and welcome to the forum.

I will move your question to - starting childminding... if you have a look round this and other threads you will find heaps of information.

Don't forget to introduce yourself in say hello to everyone! :D

wellybelly
20-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Contact Early years and get onto the childminding briefing session. Theres lots of info and insite into what you have to do.

Even though you're not registtered, get onto the courses Early years provide through your local council. You'll meet people and make friends with all ready estabished childminders. Support from them local to you is invaluable!

Look on NCMA website.

Go on here everyday - i have got so much advice and help from this site that has helped me out no end. Even just a look now and again at the new posts fill me with ideas, new info and freebies.

Dont be put off by anything, its the most rewarding job Ive ever done and wished Id started it years ago

deeb66
21-04-2008, 01:11 PM
As Katie has said....the first step is to contact your local Early Years and get yourself booked onto a briefing session.

At the briefing session you will be given all the necessary paperwork and how to go about becoming registered.

Good luck!

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Have a good look around the forum you will find heaps of information

Good luck

Angel xx

Noodles
21-04-2008, 07:25 PM
welcome to the forum and i agree with what has alread been said to you:)

miffy
21-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello and welcome

You've had some great advice already

Good luck

miffy xx

louise2778
21-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I only joined a few days ago and you would not believe how much information I have come across.

This site is fantastic and I am sure you will get all th help and advice you need.

Welcome x x