PDA

View Full Version : complaint

angiemog
15-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Had a complaint this evening not from a parent from my neighbour. I feel gutted now. She came out as a parent was leaving and told him to be more considerate how he parked. Our drive ways are side by side and quite narrow. I admit he was over by 1-2 inches. She was quite nasty and said she was sick to death of it. Part of the problem is being able to open the car doors to get children in car seats and there is a wall on one side their drive on the other. It may have happened occasionally but most parents arrive before or after she has left for work and the same at pick up time. She glared at me and closed her door. I don't have more than 2-3 children each day so not a huge amount of traffic when she is about. I hate confrontation and would never upset anyone intentionally. I told her I would tell the parents and I have sent a message to them to ask them to ensure they are parked on my drive and not the neighours. They only have a mini and the drive ways are long enough for 3 cars. I know they shouldn't be...... but it's for a couple of minutes. Am I just missing something cos it really wouldn't bother me. If they were blocking her drive or made it so she couldn't drive hers down then fair enough. I just feel really down now horrible ending to the day. x

Deb
15-02-2011, 06:17 PM
My neighbours are like that - I add it to my newsletter everynow and then and remind folks to be considerate.

miffy
15-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Some people are just so territorial.

It's not worth falling out about though and don't feel down. It's sad she has nothing more important in her life to worry about.

You've apologised and explained what you will do about it so forget it now.

Hugs

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
15-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Do they need to come right up onto the drive? Or is there no room on the road?
The neighbour has maybe got freaked out by people banging her car or kids scratching it?
Don't think it's just about a wheel being on her 'territory' :(

angiemog
15-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Do they need to come right up onto the drive? Or is there no room on the road?
The neighbour has maybe got freaked out by people banging her car or kids scratching it?
Don't think it's just about a wheel being on her 'territory' :(

I live in a close so its either the main road and a very short walk or park on my drive I'm the first house so if they park outside the drive will block the close entrance. Most of my mindees are carried to the car so don't think she's worried about them but may be its more to do with knocking the car door....? But she parks at the other end so really the doors aren't anywhere near hers. Hubbie will be home soon so I'll have a vent and try to forgot about it.
Will put it in my next newsletter too..... don't want to have to think about where parents are parked at 7 in the morning!

Thanks for the comments xx

Daftbat
15-02-2011, 09:28 PM
My neighbour used to be territorial about the road outside his house never mind the driveway! Neighbours can be difficult and the best thing to do is just ask your parents - which you have and if the neighbour moans again try to find out the exact problem. Chances are thought that they won't be as reasonable as you and you just have to do your best to avoid the problem.

My neighbours solved the problem of people parking in front of their house by dropping the kerb - mind you it leaves the front of mine free to park!

The Juggler
15-02-2011, 09:48 PM
some people will be like this whatever you do. unfortunately for the sake of our jobs/parents we need to keep on the right side of them. take her some flowers/chocs, tell her you've done another newsletter to remind parents then go home shut the door and swear silently about them making a fuss over nothing:rolleyes:

wendywu
15-02-2011, 11:17 PM
[
QUOTE=The Juggler;872639]some people will be like this whatever you do. unfortunately for the sake of our jobs/parents we need to keep on the right side of them. take her some flowers/chocs, tell her you've done another newsletter to remind parents then go home shut the door and swear silently about them making a fuss over nothing:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say the same. Take the wind out of her sails. Go round with a box of chocolates and some flowers. Smile nicely and say this for having to put up with us and i do appreciate it. So this is just to say thank you. You can keep your fingers crossed if you like. :laughing:

Then every six weeks or so pop a bunch of daffs round with the little ones and a big smile.
Its a pain but its worth it to keep her sweet.:littleangel:

nokidshere
15-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Its such a shame that people get so wound up by simple things :(

We live in a cul de sac and the neighbours are really good. We are the only ones with young children ourselves and obviously the mindees. I always get the children to make a card at christmas and easter to say thank you to them for being patient about the noise/balls in gardens etc etc and for putting up with the parking at 5:30 each day. The children deliver the cards themselves and take flowers or chocolates too - it works a treat and I have never had a problem with any of them (thank goodness)!

loocyloo
16-02-2011, 12:06 AM
i have a difficult neighbour who complains to all the parents when they park outside MY house, saying they are blocking her access, and apparently she needs 24/7 access !!! no idea why, she rides a bike most of the time lol!

and if they were blocking her in, if she asked, they would move!

she blocks us in sometimes, and i've always managed to get out, or waited! and then i smile and say hello!

it made me laugh, not long after we moved in, she went to work and moaned and groaned about her dreadful new neighbours ... then her bosses said "oh X&Y, they are good friends of ours" and told her to pull her head in!

however, we are moving soon and i can't wait! we will have our own private drive and lots of parking! ( there is a little bungalow that has access over our drive, but it has its own parking spot, and the old lady that lives there doesn't have a car! ) so no parking issues hurrah! but :( no close neighbours either, as my neighbour the otherside of me here is wonderful and is my assistant!