PDA

View Full Version : in reality

hayleychildcare
15-02-2011, 05:03 PM
How clean can my house be when ofsted visit. I got the call yesterday to say they are coming Wed, Thur or fri.

Ive deep cleaned the bathroom but i live with 3 boys (not gonna stay clean long).

Ive hoovered and dusted and had a quick tidy but im sitting here thinking i should do more.
Or is a bit or everyday dirt and mess acceptable

Deb
15-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Well I had my inspection today - and I'm no housewife. The house is hoovered and the sides are cleared and cleaned I wouldnt worry too much. and good luck!

Louise0208
15-02-2011, 05:21 PM
i bleached my house from top to bottom :blush: but im a neat freak so there is no clutter or mess anyway.

a house is lived in so im sure they expect a lived in look though it will need to be clean especially if you have small ones that are crawling around the floor etc.

Know what you mean about the bathroom....my boys need lessons on hittin the pan! :angry:

blue bear
15-02-2011, 05:33 PM
The inspection should be a reflection of your every day practice not putting on a special show so of it is good enough for every other day it's good enough for the inspection, I refuse to run round like a headless chicken once I get the call and treat it just like any other day that way you know your grading is a true reflection of you care.

Sarahbelle
15-02-2011, 07:19 PM
My house is near enough spotless, but that is because I am a bit of a clean and tidy freak.:blush: It has been mentioned in my Ofsted report on more than one occasion. Last time the Ofsted inspector visited she collared one of my parents and took her into the conservatory for a chat. Appparently she asked "is the house always as clean as this, cos she knew I was coming (the inference being that I cleaned especially for Ofsted). My parent replied, "No its always like this and it puts mine to shame, especially as she does loads with the kids!":blush: LOL. And I have a dog and a cat too!

However, I think Ofsted are just looking for a reasonable standard of cleanliness, especially with kitchens and toilets and if the rest of the house looks like a bombs dropped on it, well your working with children and its going to get messy.

Dragonfly
15-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I wish.I wish I was a clean and tidy freak:blush:

caz3007
15-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I wish.I wish I was a clean and tidy freak:blush:

Me too. I look at my piles of clutter and wish they would disappear. I clear one and another pops up somewhere else or the cleared one accumulates again within a few weeks.

Right off to sit down at watch TV whilst filing cos hubby is out and wont moan about the file clicking :laughing:

maisiemog
16-02-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm never going to be a clean freak with a spotless house but I do the basics daily. Ofsted didnt comment on the state of my house when I was inspected either so I guess I reached their basic standards!

kel1983
16-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Our house isnt spotless. I do hoover every other day or more if needed. Upstairs is out of bounds which is lucky cause it certainly isnt tidy up there.

I check the downstairs toilet is clean every day.

One thing that annoys me is the dining room table is always a dumping ground. :angry: I have to clear it off every morning. And I hate the state of our dining room carpet. It was once cream.

Whilst the Ofsted lady was here though our neighbours had Dyno Rod out clearing the drains that are connected to ours. The kitchen drain stunk. I did explain what was happening to her and she didnt seem to mind.

mufftie
16-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I am a clean freak , everything has it's place , hate clutter etc but living with my husband , grown up son and daughter. Plus 3 younger children and to boot my dad at the moment for a few weeks ! I'm fighting a very tough battle
as regards to ofsted I don't worry to much about it as I knowy standard is fairly good anyway but I do make sure that there's nothing plugged into sockets that shouldn't be as the kids tend to leave trailing wires for chargers and things , also I make sure washing power Is put away as I tend to leave it on top of washing machine and I shouldn't also air freshners out if reach etc
Anyway good luck mines overdue so I'm waiting for the call