PDA

View Full Version : outdoor gear - ponchos

Polly2
15-02-2011, 04:54 PM
What do you think of ponchos? look here - http://www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk/Search.aspx?departmentId=6300&departmentName=Wet%20Weather%20Gear&search=ponchos

do you reckon these are good value for money? I have all in one suits for age 18mth-2 but nothing for 2-3-4's. I thought they might be good to go over their coats? and they can put them on themselves too :)

I am also thinking of getting the waterproof dungarees.

Opinions please!!!

Dragonfly
15-02-2011, 07:15 PM
They look very sweet and will keep the rain off their coats , but I like the all in ones which mine wear up till about 4+yrs. Maybe get some water proof trousers with the jackets for the older ones (look on ebay?) Depends how dry and clean their clothes you want to keep them.

Polly2
16-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeh I was wondering if the ponchos might restrict movement a bit too? hmm not sure now.

I only thought of them because of the price and the fact that them might fit different ages :rolleyes:

I like the dungarees too!

rickysmiths
16-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I have them and the children love them. I tend to use them for walks, school runs etc when it is raining hard because so often modern 'rain' coats are only shower proof and the los get soaked in proper rain. They are much admired and the children certainly stand out in them!

I wouldn't use them for play. They are too bulky and not flexible enough.

Mouse
16-02-2011, 03:28 PM
We've got a couple of those animal ones in the dressing up box! They're quite big & quite stiff PVC, so not all that flexible. I'd use them for if you were out on a walk etc, but not if the children were playing in the garden.

I bought some really cheap ponchos from somewhere like Mountain Warehouse. I think they were about £1.99 each. I tend to take them if we're out & about and it looks like it might rain. They fold small, fit in their own bag & are ideal for when you're caught out in the rain (even for the one in the buggy when you've forgotten the rain cover :blush: ) They're also good to take on the school pick up, when you just know parents won't have sent coats because the sun was out in the morning :rolleyes:

Polly2
16-02-2011, 04:02 PM
It was for play that I was needing them. Yesterday we were out in the showers and the older kids got soaked and muddy! I ended up putting all their clothes in the washing machine :rolleyes:

my 2yr old was fine as she had my all-in-one on.

I have a mountain warehouse nearby I will have a look there if they cheap :thumbsup: