PDA

View Full Version : Is food hygeine a rquirement now?

rachelle
15-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I've not done it but been told I should have! Don't mind doing it if it is a requirement but had better do so quickly. Anyone know?

HomefromHome
15-02-2011, 01:27 PM
yes if you provide any food (inc snacks) and even if you store or reheat mindees food. ring your local council environmental health dept -they'll send you a form; fill in said totally-unsuitable-for-childminders form and they will arrange to visit you (maybe) - i was told they MAY come out and if they do then i probably wouldnt see them again as we're low-risk! hth

christine e
15-02-2011, 01:37 PM
It is a requirement that you register with your local environmental health department as a food provider but as yet it is not a requirement that you hold a food hygiene certificate although my local environmental health liked that fact that I had done the course.

Christine

AliceK
15-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I think it's a requirement that you register as a food business with your local council (they came out to inspect me) but I'm not sure it is a legal requirement to do a Food Hygiene course but as you can do them online I think it's easy enough and would be a good idea.

xxxx

JCrakers
15-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Someone from env.health came to look at my kitchen...I had to buy a fridge thermometer and....I have to take and RECORD the fridge temp DAILY....:angry:
Like ive got nothing better to do.....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you HAVE to have a food hygiene cert but Ive got one anyway.

Becky x

mrs_scottydog
15-02-2011, 04:42 PM
My DO said it was good practice but not essential. There are food hygiene courses available online.
We were told we have to register with environmental health. I got in touch with them in November, finally had a form through at end of December. I sent it back in early January and they phoned last week, asked me a few questions and decided they don't need to come and see me they just need to send me another form! Hx

Louise0208
15-02-2011, 04:44 PM
i hated my course......it was the longest 2 days of my life........Mr bean was our tutor!

Tealady
16-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Someone from env.health came to look at my kitchen...I had to buy a fridge thermometer and....I have to take and RECORD the fridge temp DAILY....:angry:
Like ive got nothing better to do.....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you HAVE to have a food hygiene cert but Ive got one anyway.

Becky x

That's interesting, because in The Better Food, Better Business for Childminders" pack it says you don't have to log each day but just record it if it gets too warm and state what you did to remedy it. So that's all I'm doing. I wish these people would all sing from the same hymn sheet :mad:

nic t
16-02-2011, 11:17 AM
That's interesting, because in The Better Food, Better Business for Childminders" pack it says you don't have to log each day but just record it if it gets too warm and state what you did to remedy it. So that's all I'm doing. I wish these people would all sing from the same hymn sheet :mad:

I agree! I don't note the temperature-would do if it went too high/low. I look at the temperature about 20 times a day, or more if I've had a particularly greedy day!!! :eek: