PDA

View Full Version : pets that i only buy for childminding, can i claim

nelly
15-02-2011, 10:41 AM
hi everyone, just wondered if i can claim for pets (e.g sawdust, food ,housing ) that ive bought for childminding. weve got snails,fish and chickens and im thinking of getting two ginee pigs also.
thanks xx

Chatterbox Childcare
15-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Anything for childminding is 100% claimable

TheBTeam
15-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I claimed for the little fish tank and fish that i set up for the minded children to 'manage' cos they liked our big tank but they werent allowed to touch that one.

Wonder if i could claim my dogs are for minding purposes only, would be a couple of grand less to pay tax on, designed to get some of the outdoor shy little ones we have to enjoy being outside!!!

MrAnchovy
16-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Sawdust, food and housing for snails, fish, chickens and a couple of guinea pigs is probably OK, a couple of thousand pounds for dogs obviously isn't.

jane5
16-02-2011, 12:20 AM
What about a horse?;)

My lo is horse mad:p

mrs robbie williams
16-02-2011, 07:02 AM
oooooh can i get a donkey? the children would love it :)

Kezzle
25-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I would soooooo love to have a mini farm if i could claim that for childminding that would be hilariously awesome! But alas i think HMRC might just get a little suspicious!

Andrea08
25-02-2011, 02:41 PM
sorry but i have small pets rabbits n guinea pigs and HMRC said i could not claim agains them... but it is a thought except my dogs they are pets for my mindeed children as their families have said no for many reasons...

aly
25-02-2011, 04:07 PM
sorry but i have small pets rabbits n guinea pigs and HMRC said i could not claim agains them... but it is a thought except my dogs they are pets for my mindeed children as their families have said no for many reasons...
I wouldnt be buying animals just so the minded children had them because they are not allowed.!...unless the parents were willing to pay and clean for them too. I have a dog but if i didnt I would only get one for the family not because someone told me too.

Hebs
25-02-2011, 04:34 PM

why?? i know the nursery does

i would claim it and if told i cant i'd get rid of the animals, i'd only buy more for the mindees so would claim the FULL cost of buying and keeping the animal

debratina
25-02-2011, 04:54 PM
i am going to put down for my 7 chickens i have brought (thats £140)
i only got them because we had an outdoor grant in my area and i brought a chicken coop with the money.
Debra

WibbleWobble
25-02-2011, 05:30 PM
can i claim for a large animal....My OH phil!! he is only here for the mindees to climb up and take the mickey out of. As i am laid up with a chest infection he is not much use to me so at the moment he is

childminding use only!!!

:laughing:

well i thought it was funny

mandy xxxx

Bushpig
25-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I claimed for EVERYTHING for my little hamster (R.I.P). My accountant said this was fine.