PDA

View Full Version : Think I need a triple buggy, which one?

jane5
14-02-2011, 10:59 PM
As the title says, I have my dd 2 1/2, mindees 20months and 10months.
First day with all 3 today and I felt really cruel on my dd as she does like to walk but not very far. I have a buggy board but she wanted to sleep so wasn't happy with that.

She has had to put up with so much since I started minding and feels very pushed out so even though part of me is saying she should walk the other part is saying she is still my baby and is used to being snuggled up in a buggy.

So I have decide to buy a triple buggy but which one? I have seen the obaby or the one which is a double with a toddler seat on top or do I get one of those seats that fit on the side? I have a double nipper 360 at the moment so would a seat fit on the side?
What are the best to push and which should I not buy?
Any tips or advice please

jane5
15-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Any one out there, :D

julie w
15-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi I had the o baby one which was great for trips to the park, but I did have trouble fitting on pavements and some gateways etc. I have seen a fantastic 3 wheeler one which is like a double with a seat on top. However I now use a buggy pod clipped onto the side of my double buggy. It's great cos it can fold up onto the double buggy and clips off really easily when not in use. I also have a rain cover with it which is handy. Hope this helps a little.xx

rachelle
15-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I've got the T3 jogger. I like that it converts to a double but don't like that it is so so heavy and bulky when folded. I chose it as it covered both double and triple and as I don't drive I needed something hardy that would fit down pavements easily. :)

RainbowMum
15-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Get a back carrier for one of the younger ones - your DD wont want the buggy any more very soon - so I wouldn't fork out on a triple - a good back carrier is far cheaper x

HomefromHome
15-02-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.tandemstrollerguide.com/reviews/foundations/trio-triple-tandem.html

what about this? looks like baby would be at back (seat reclines) and you would still fit in doors/gateways?

mufftie
15-02-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.tandemstrollerguide.com/reviews/foundations/trio-triple-tandem.html

what about this? looks like baby would be at back (seat reclines) and you would still fit in doors/gateways?

I do like the look of this one , but id have to check out the weight first , I had the obaby triple and sold it after 3 uses as it was awful far too heavy and the seats wernt generous a 2 yr olds feet would drag on floor

rickysmiths
15-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't want to be pushing a 2.5yr old in a triple buggy and I would be working at getting the 20mth out of a buggy unless I was going on a long all day trip out somewhere. I hav a 27 month ol who hasn't been in the buggy for the school run for a year now. I certainly would find it very hard to push hin and a 20mth and another in a buggy together.

If you do I recommend you buy some good supporting walking boots, a minder near mean has done terrible damage to her ligaments pushing the triple buggy that has the seat ontop. She is waiting for an operation now.

mufftie
15-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't want to be pushing a 2.5yr old in a triple buggy and I would be working at getting the 20mth out of a buggy unless I was going on a long all day trip out somewhere. I hav a 27 month ol who hasn't been in the buggy for the school run for a year now. I certainly would find it very hard to push hin and a 20mth and another in a buggy together. .

Maybe if we all lived right on top of the school but if she Is anything like me then it wouldnt work making a 2.5th old walk I have a 35minute walk to school then another 35 bk it's a lot to ask of a 3.5 yr old let alone a 2.5yr old
I also feel more at ease with them in a buggy especially in the playground as they could easily get lost in the crowd if not wearing harnesses

mamasheshe
15-02-2011, 02:37 PM
abc :thumbsup: i use a kid sit with my nipper i started when dd was a similar age works well for us may be worth a look means they can sit down and have their own seat :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jane5
15-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all of the replies, they have been very useful :thumbsup:

Considering every ones replies, the cost of the triples and considering I have a bad back any way I have decided to get a buggy pod.

I'm getting excited thinking this could be the compromise looked if it will fit my out and about nipper and nnnnooooo it says it wont fit the double:mad:

It fits the single but not the double how can that be?
Aren't they the same frame?

mamasheshe is this what you have and is your nipper a double or single

mamasheshe
15-02-2011, 07:54 PM
No sorry i've no experience of the seats that attach to the side. I have a double nipper and a buggy board that has a seat on called a kid sit it works really well for us as dd has her own seat if needed, and attaches on to my single too x

funemnx
15-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I've got the T3 jogger. I like that it converts to a double but don't like that it is so so heavy and bulky when folded. I chose it as it covered both double and triple and as I don't drive I needed something hardy that would fit down pavements easily. :)

I'm lusting after this one at the moment :D

nic t
15-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I have an ABC triple.

It cost me a fortune second hand but is really light and is easier to push than my old double. I like the fact that you can use it as a double too.