PDA

View Full Version : So thats it then.....

clio0602
14-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Well................ I went away to london for a great weekend without my children and have come back and decided that I need to put cminding on hold for the moment.

I am going to concentrate on my kids and get a level 3 qualification before I move, hopefully, nxt yr and then start up afresh.

I'm spending far too much time worrying, stressing over cm related things and am relieved I've finally come to this decision.

Thank you to everyone on here for all the advice and I will be back in 2012 if you'll have me :o

xxx

miffy
14-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Glad you had a lovely weekend and it's helped clear your mind and let you decide what you want to do.

Good luck with your level 3 and don't be a stranger!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
14-02-2011, 10:25 PM
oh wow! big decision weekend then! hope things go well for you x

sarah707
15-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Can you do the qualification without children to evidence? I thought you had to be working for the observations etc...?

Good luck with it all! Don't be a stranger :D

buzzy bee
15-02-2011, 07:41 AM
I think Sarah might be right... I'm doing my level 3 at the moment and pretty much all of it is based on what i'm doing now, and my tutor has to come and assess me etc...

happy days
15-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Can you do it through a college part time and they give work experience placements for observations etc.

curlycathy
15-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Good luck hon. I've just quit childminding and am sitting in my living room (no fireguard!) with my dd enjoying playing with her dolls house that she's had for over a year and hardly been able to play with. Not to mention all her princess dolls and barbies... :laughing:

I feel really good that I can concentrate on my own children for a while without worrying about EYFS and paperwork that I never managed to get caught up on!

mufftie
15-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I think Sarah might be right... I'm doing my level 3 at the moment and pretty much all of it is based on what i'm doing now, and my tutor has to come and assess me etc...

You can do it with your own children as long as they are the right age group as I did it mainly with my own dd who was 3 at the time as I was quiet back then

clio0602
15-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Good luck hon. I've just quit childminding and am sitting in my living room (no fireguard!) with my dd enjoying playing with her dolls house that she's had for over a year and hardly been able to play with. Not to mention all her princess dolls and barbies... :laughing:

I feel really good that I can concentrate on my own children for a while without worrying about EYFS and paperwork that I never managed to get caught up on!

Sounds just like what I'm hoping for!

Although I've just had 1 mindees mum on phone crying, can I just do 2 days for her? I feel really sick with guilt as this was my first mindee and love her to bits and mindee loves dd and cries when dd goes off to nursery :(

Dd is 2.5 so could maybe use her for obs and her nursery will let me go in there if I need to so not worried about that side of things. Thanks for the info tho :thumbsup: x

curlycathy
16-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I felt sick with guilt too when I gave notice - was physically shaking on my way round to her house. There were a lot of tears - but since then I have been subject to lots of comments about me going back to childminding and her son being first on my list etc etc - the guilt rapidly vanishes when you start to get your home back I promise you!xx

clio0602
16-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I felt sick with guilt too when I gave notice - was physically shaking on my way round to her house. There were a lot of tears - but since then I have been subject to lots of comments about me going back to childminding and her son being first on my list etc etc - the guilt rapidly vanishes when you start to get your home back I promise you!xx

Thank you she's now going to same nursery that dd goes to lol

Can't wait to get up the multicoloured flooring and divider in my kitchen and think I have lots to go on ebay lol :rolleyes: