PDA

View Full Version : icp course

rachelmama
14-02-2011, 09:13 PM
hallo everyone
i need a little advive, i done my icp course 1 year ago. my partner wonts to regester and do the icp course only he works shifts , and it would be easier for him to do it online does anyone know how or who to contact please
thanks xxx

mrsbonnet
15-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Have a look at the thread 'did i write too much' on this forum. People are talking about the new online course through ncma and someone else.

rachelmama
16-02-2011, 08:12 PM
ok will have a look thank you xx:)

rachelmama
17-02-2011, 06:52 PM
ncma rang me back today and said that you can only do it on line with extention college

homeeducator
17-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know how long the e learning ICP course takes ??

rachelmama
17-02-2011, 07:58 PM
what is the e learning icp course, :)

rachelmama
17-02-2011, 07:59 PM
is it the ncma icp course coz that one is 12 weeks once a week

RachD
17-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi I am currently doing the online course but mine was all through the NCMA didnt need to contact national extension college for anything. The course is called CYPOP5 intro to childminding. There are about 8 tasks to complete and you have 3 months to do it.

If anyone would like any further info please feel free to message me i still have the details of the person i contacted and sorted everything out with.

Kezzle
17-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Does your local authority not provide courses for you after the briefing sessions? Some do and for free.

Helcatt
17-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Does your local authority not provide courses for you after the briefing sessions? Some do and for free.

our area is cutting all funding and people will have to pay their own way from now on

Kezzle
20-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh right I guess NEC is the best option then. It's one i was going to do untill my LA told me they're still funding courses.

rachelmama
21-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi I am currently doing the online course but mine was all through the NCMA didnt need to contact national extension college for anything. The course is called CYPOP5 intro to childminding. There are about 8 tasks to complete and you have 3 months to do it.

If anyone would like any further info please feel free to message me i still have the details of the person i contacted and sorted everything out with.

hi that sounds interesting would lov some info on that thank you x

rachelmama
22-02-2011, 12:43 PM
hi
I JUst rang ncma about the cypop5 course thank you for info, and i gota ring a number about funding does anyone know how much it will cost just in case we cant get funding:)

RachD
22-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi

Was just about to message you the info, the course costs £158 +vat, i was lucky and got it all funded by my local authority.

Good luck :D

rachelmama
25-02-2011, 08:10 PM
hi
thankyou you have been very helpful x:D

jojos2011
26-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi this sounds interresting as my friends are thinking o coming minders soon so will pass this on

Pandypops
24-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I think that this is what I maybe have to do as my LA is no longer providing pre-brief meetings or the course/training or any support. I am going to fill in my Ofsted forms, book my own 1st Aid course and then pay for this course and hope that this is all sufficient for me to get registered (once I have been crb and ofsted checked). Does this sound correct to those who are experienced in the registration process?

Helcatt
25-03-2011, 10:36 PM
they've just cut all funding in our area too!

I was registered 3 years ago, so may be a few changes, but first aid was a must then and the icp. I did the icp before filling in their form, so I started that in the April, finished in july, got my cert in sept and filled in forms at similar time. Few issues with docs report - as in they didn't do it quickly enough, and was signed off in Dec

Good luck. In our areas there appears to be a massive influx of people wanting to register. last two briefing sessions there were 30 in each

HX