PDA

View Full Version : Double pram to fit ina Zafira??

catmax0779
14-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone,
I am on the lookout for a double pram I'm thinking a tandem may be best as I don't think a side by side will be easy to get through my gate and around the steps to the back door. Anyway can anyone with a Zafira please tell me what type they have and do any fit in the back with all the seats up. If not where do you put the pram when the seats are up.
Thanks in advance.

Ripeberry
14-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Problem is with all the seats up, there is not much that you can fit in the 'boot'
The only solution I can think of is getting a roofbox, but those double pushchairs are very heavy.
I got myself a double tandem pushchair and I can just about fit it into the zafira with one back seat down and the handles of the pushchair touching the roof of the car :eek:

muffins
14-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi, I manage to get my P&T sport in the back of mine (seats all up) with the front wheel removed & it standing upright! I tried many many tandems & this was the only 1 that fitted. I did have a P&T vibe & that didn't fit, looking at the new model P&T it folds wider so that prob not fit either, so has to be the sport but a great buggy!:)
The umbrella fold ones are too long to fit!

Daftbat
14-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Me and a friend both have mothercare ones - different models - that fit in the boot with the seats up. So long as the folded length is under 1 metre it will fit.

crazyhazy
14-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I can fit my p&t in my mums zafira with one back seat down and my dads wheechair in there too, takes a bit of juggling but we get there lol

clio0602
14-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi, I manage to get my P&T sport in the back of mine (seats all up) with the front wheel removed & it standing upright! I tried many many tandems & this was the only 1 that fitted. I did have a P&T vibe & that didn't fit, looking at the new model P&T it folds wider so that prob not fit either, so has to be the sport but a great buggy!:)
The umbrella fold ones are too long to fit!

Wow how do you manage that????!!!! I got a p&t sport and a 56 reg zafira and I have had it in every way but cant get it to fit! I am having to use my mothercare buggy which is on its last legs when I go out!

This is going to be my mission tomorrow!

kirsty1329
14-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I have a baby jogger city mini double buggy that fits the back of my Zafira with all the seats up and I don't need to take the wheels off either. I tried lots and lots of buggies to get one to fit.

Its a brilliant buggy and I got it second hand from netmums.

Kirsty xxx

muffins
14-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow how do you manage that????!!!! I got a p&t sport and a 56 reg zafira and I have had it in every way but cant get it to fit! I am having to use my mothercare buggy which is on its last legs when I go out!

This is going to be my mission tomorrow!

MAGIC:rolleyes:

1st put the handle bar in the lowest position, then bring it up 3 clicks IYGWIM! Make sure the brake is off! Remove the front wheel! Fold! Stand upright in boot so front footwell is facing inwards! The second seat & front wheel should fit next to it!

I use a strap with a clip on it (around seat head rest bars & buggy) to secure it in the upright possition!

Good luck.

clio0602
14-02-2011, 10:55 PM

1st put the handle bar in the lowest position, then bring it up 3 clicks IYGWIM! Make sure the brake is off! Remove the front wheel! Fold! Stand upright in boot so front footwell is facing inwards! The second seat & front wheel should fit next to it!

I use a strap with a clip on it (around seat head rest bars & buggy) to secure it in the upright possition!

Good luck.

:thumbsup: Thanks it might get more use now :D

Adiamond
15-02-2011, 07:56 AM
My Mothercare double detour fits in the boot of my 51 plate Zafira with all the seats up :thumbsup: x x x

muffins
15-02-2011, 08:41 AM
My Mothercare double detour fits in the boot of my 51 plate Zafira with all the seats up :thumbsup: x x x

REALLY! I never even tried mine when I had it, thought it looked far to big! Do you take the wheels off?

Anyone ever fitted a double nipper in a zafira?

Ripeberry
15-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Could turn this into a competition "What can YOU fit in your Zafira? " :laughing: :D

karen m
15-02-2011, 08:58 AM
I have fitted a tandem graco in mine with seats up

muffins
15-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Could turn this into a competition "What can YOU fit in your Zafira? " :laughing: :D

it already has:laughing:

Adiamond
15-02-2011, 09:27 AM
REALLY! I never even tried mine when I had it, thought it looked far to big! Do you take the wheels off?

Anyone ever fitted a double nipper in a zafira?

No, wheels stayed on :clapping: all I had to do was make sure I put it in with the wheels at the top :thumbsup:

:D x x x

clio0602
15-02-2011, 09:03 PM

Good luck.

:angry: Tried for half an hour and it won't go in!!! :(

jumpinjen
19-02-2011, 10:07 PM
No, wheels stayed on :clapping: all I had to do was make sure I put it in with the wheels at the top :thumbsup:

:D x x x

Hi,
I'm hi-jacking this thread as I can't afford the insurance for a larger 7 seater so we are re-considering the zafira..... I've looked at this buggy on e-bay and it looks massive..... when you say the wheels are at the top, do you mean they are above the headrests? Asking as will need to buy a different buggy if we do as my beloved off-roader will no way fit!

thanks, Jen x

Mrs.L.C
22-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Has any one tried the phil n teds classic in the book of the zafira? We can get it in if we take all the wheels off but this is a faf

stardust
22-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I have a mclarran side by side, it fits though my standard size door and fits into my zafira with all the seats (on its side) only downside is it is a small double but I can easily get 2 x2 yr olds in it x

LChurch
22-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I have fitted a tandem graco in mine with seats up

How do you do it as I have tried it but can only put it in the passenger seat when all the seats are up. Would love to know how you do it as it is a pain putting it in the passenger seat at the front esp if I want to give someone a lift!

Carol M
22-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Just bought an Obaby Sport Plus twin.
Fits a dream in my Zafira with all seats up.
Carol xx

shazza06
14-05-2012, 07:46 PM
stardust, please could you tell me which maclaren double buggy you have in tha tyou can fit it in the back with all seats up , mine seems too long and i worry my back window will shatter!! wondering whether i can use mine in the back and use my britax db dual for just walking everywhere instead as i`ll have one day where i`ll have 5 kids plus an assistant so all seats will need to be used...have thought of idea of putting buggy ina roof box if i splash out on one of them

Tazmin68
14-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I can fit cosatto twin lunar in my zaf. Because I use single in am school run but need double 3 afternoons what I do at moment is have two mothercare jives in boot and use a buggy connector when I need them as a double. I can also fit two scooters in boot as well with all seats up.

jumping j
15-05-2012, 07:57 AM
OBaby Apollo Scribble Twin Pushchair

is it this one that fits into the Zafira with all the seats up?