PDA

View Full Version : I need some good luck vibes

Minstrel
14-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Or something, anything that might help me nail some decent contracts. I'm starting back after 9 months off on maternity and struggling to sign new mindees. I have two mums at the school who want to use me and although I'm not keen due to various reasons, they would be plenty enough hours for me. However, they have been less than forthcoming with visiting and giving def start dates etc but i have a feeling they will ask a week before if they can start.

I need to get definate so i can relax and start enjoying my last few weeks off. I have also contacted every parent i think i can help within 10 miles of me on childcare.co.uk. and scour netmums daily. Have also given school office my business card. But no-one replies!

Don't know what else to do. :(

claire'scherubs
14-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Bless ya, sending hugs. You must remember what it was like when you started out first time, nothing......then bang everyone comes at once.

Just try and relax, you have done everything you can and sending lots of positive vibes xx

mrs_scottydog
14-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Sending lots of good luck vibes your way! Hope you find some new mindees soon Hx

Minstrel
14-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Bless ya, sending hugs. You must remember what it was like when you started out first time, nothing......then bang everyone comes at once.

Just try and relax, you have done everything you can and sending lots of positive vibes xx

Thanks - It was exactly like that actually and then i started having to turn people away. I got so desperate i took on some really silly contracts which prevented me filling my spaces properly (like a 3yr old 3pm-5pm 4 days a week -£8 a day - why o why!).

I don't want full timers as i want bit of time to still take baby swimming and keep up with friends etc but i need about 30hrs a week (ideally 3 after schoolers so even less work!) :D

angeldelight
14-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Good luck vibes coming your way

Hope you get heaps of calls really soon

I would speak to the parents at the school and ask what they want to do because you need to know where you stand

Angel xx

Minstrel
14-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes i should. It's hard because one already uses a CM from the school ad-hoc so i dont' want it to look like i'm trying to poach them but mum came to see me before i had my baby with a view to coming to me.

Trouble
14-02-2011, 07:53 PM
good luck vibes coming your way xxxxxx:)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Good luck I am sure something will come along, abit like buses will all come together. xx

Minstrel
15-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi all!

Well you are very good because this morning i received an enquiry! Not any of the ones i've contacted (they are all still too rude to reply!) but a brand new one. She currently has a CM but wants to increase the hours (I'm assuming other CM can't do that then).

Coming tomorrow morning! But she has caught me soooo off guard that i have nothing ready and now need to prioritise. I have explained i'm on mat leave so hopefully it will excuse lack of CM 'stuff' about.

Would do you think are the main things i should concentrate on. House is fairly tidy although i was thinking of washing the sofa cushions? Paperowrk could do with going through and printing a few bits out.

miffy
15-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about the paperwork - if she already uses a cm then she should know what to expect.

Concentrate on interacting with her lo - that's what most parents want to see.

Good luck, fingers and toes crossed for you!

Miffy xx

Minstrel
15-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about the paperwork - if she already uses a cm then she should know what to expect.

Concentrate on interacting with her lo - that's what most parents want to see.

Good luck, fingers and toes crossed for you!

Miffy xx

Yes good point! Thank you- I have a broucher (sp?) with my fees and a summary of everything etc on so i'll just give her that.

The Juggler
15-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi all!

Well you are very good because this morning i received an enquiry! Not any of the ones i've contacted (they are all still too rude to reply!) but a brand new one. She currently has a CM but wants to increase the hours (I'm assuming other CM can't do that then).

Coming tomorrow morning! But she has caught me soooo off guard that i have nothing ready and now need to prioritise. I have explained i'm on mat leave so hopefully it will excuse lack of CM 'stuff' about.

Would do you think are the main things i should concentrate on. House is fairly tidy although i was thinking of washing the sofa cushions? Paperowrk could do with going through and printing a few bits out.

good luck with it honeyx

jane5
15-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Good to hear this, I hope everything goes well:D

mrs_scottydog
16-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Good luck for your visit this morning! :) Hx

mama2three
16-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Fingers crossed for this morning x

Minstrel
16-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I think it went really well! :clapping:

He was gorgeous and just the right age (he'll be 2 next week) as i didn't want one too young with having my own baby too. We didn't sign but i don't usually on first visits anyway....but i did ask if she had anyone else to see and she said 'oh no- just you!'. Apparently had been given my number from an ex-mindee and she also knows another of my ex-mindees who i still have ad-hoc. :thumbsup: I didn't know any of this till she came.

LO has also left his hat here so i'll have an excuse to pop round and see them again.

Fingers crossed she wants the space as it 'felt' right (you just know sometmes don't you?)

Thanks for the good luck vibes! :thumbsup: