PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered Childcare advice please

claire'scherubs
14-02-2011, 03:49 PM
It has just dawned on me that someone in the village is offering childcare and are not registered.

Ok, fine if they want to attempt to get away with it, although yes it does annoy me and concerns me about the insurance side of things etc etc.

However, my concern is this. One of my mindees is now being dropped off to me in the mornings by this so called childminder.

Now, what do I do, as can I get in trouble for 'nowingly' (Spelt wrong) accepting this child from an unregistered childcarer, advice greatly appreciated

Daftbat
14-02-2011, 04:08 PM
You can't get in to trouble for accepting a child from this person. Also, I would question how many hours she is working since technically if she only works for up to 2 hours per day she doesn't need to be registered.

claire'scherubs
14-02-2011, 04:11 PM
You can't get in to trouble for accepting a child from this person. Also, I would question how many hours she is working since technically if she only works for up to 2 hours per day she doesn't need to be registered.

Appreciate that, however it is 3 hours in the morning. I also know that she is collecting another child from another school in the afternoons, and that will be from 3.20 until 6pm, how do I know, because she is looking after a mindee that I used to look after, and no its not sour grapes.....I terminated the contract myself xx

marnieb
14-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd have a word with mum, making sure she knows that they wont be insured if anything happens to lo while with this other person.

But no, I cant see how you'd get in trouble, it has nothing to do with you as a cm.