PDA

View Full Version : Did I write too much?

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I just found out today that I have passed the "CYPOP 5 - how to set up a home based child care service" course:jump for joy: It's the new course that has replaced the old ICP course. I'm wondering if anybody else has done it and how much you wrote for the assesment???

I did mine via distance learning. My assessment is almost 9000 words long, 19 pages in a pretty small font, and that doesn't even include the 4 policies and 4 procedures that I also had to submit. Before I started the course I was told it would be really easy by the course provider but I really struggled to get it finished in the time that I was given. Now I am wondering if I just wrote way too much. I am a bit of a perfectionist :blush: Can any of you kindly tell me how much you wrote?

manjay
14-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Firstly well done:thumbsup: but wow that does sound alot of words. My degree assignments are only 4000 words:D

I am a perfectionist too and would really struggle if I didn't have a specified word count.

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I didn't get a word count or any sort of indication of how much detail they wanted. It would have been so much easier if they could have just told me!

tidsy tots
14-02-2011, 02:07 PM
hiya.

and well done:clapping: .

how long was you waiting for your assignment to be marked?
iv,e currently been waiting 13 weeks since i submitted mine:eek:

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I sent mine off a few days before X-mas and finally got fed up with waiting to hear back so I called today. Was told that I have passed but the certificates are taking donkeys years to come back. I was told that the certificate would hopefully come through in the next few weeks. I have a feeling it might be even longer because the man I spoke to sounded really unsure ...
It is soooo annoying because the council are refusing to even give me the Ofsted registration pack before the certificate for the course comes through:angry:

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 02:27 PM
tidsy tots, I should add that I did mine throung MNT training not the NCMA. Not sure if that makes any difference to the processing time.

nicola1981
14-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I sent mine off a few days before X-mas and finally got fed up with waiting to hear back so I called today. Was told that I have passed but the certificates are taking donkeys years to come back. I was told that the certificate would hopefully come through in the next few weeks. I have a feeling it might be even longer because the man I spoke to sounded really unsure ...
It is soooo annoying because the council are refusing to even give me the Ofsted registration pack before the certificate for the course comes through:angry:

why dont you apply online?

missymood
14-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi I didn't even count mine and am now wondering if I did enough!!

I have applied on-line to Ofsted as it's much easier than waiting for them to acutally come round and delivery your pack which is the same as if you do it on-line anyway. Have also got hubby to do his form on Ofsted and sent health declarattion off too so they have everything there now. Just need to wait for Ofsted to ring me!! Can't remember but what happens when you send off your stuff to Ofsted. Do they come round and check out house or is that afterwards! Having a brain ache day today as also doing my level 2 maths which all childminders coming through now apparently need. I hate Maths:angry:

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Didn't even know you could apply online. I thought I had to wait for the council to give me the forms. That's what they told me!

Off to check the Ofsted website now ...

mummyMia
14-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Wow! Just had a look and the forms are all there available online:clapping:
Thank you so much for the info! Feel like a real muppet now:blush: . I have already done the first aid course and the food safety course and have just been waiting around for ages for this CYPOP5 certificate, which is what the council told me to do. All this time I could have been filling in the forms and getting myself registered.

missymood
14-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes sneaking little things aren't they! But we are better ha ha :clapping:

nb73
15-02-2011, 10:16 AM
i did my course through the ncma, submitted all my work the end of jan, we wasn't told a word count and some of my assignments were very long! we were told we would have to wait about 3 months for the results?

tidsy tots
15-02-2011, 01:48 PM
hiya.

i also sent my work in about nov 2010.
went on the vc website last night and checked on my work said it was being marked finally:clapping: .
did,nt realise would have to wait so long for certificate aswell:angry: .

ive already sent in all my forms to ofsted just waiting for my pre-reg inspection:eek: .
im hoping to be ready to start minding for the end of march everything,s ready to go.
i,ve had a few inquires from potential mindees, which is frustrating because i know most of them have found other childminders now.

hopfully it won,t be much longer i hate being in limbo.

rainbowsplash
23-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I am really not sure how this course works as I spoke to my DO/CSO to ask about doing mine again, as I had done the course but due to personal circumstances didn't get all of the coursework done. I was told the course work is not necessary as long as I had the certificate to prove I had attended the course??? Anyone know anything??? I actually want to do this and my CSO has just told me not to worry about it.

Sorry to hijack thread but advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

xx