PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas 9m old

munch149
14-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Activities for 9 month old. Only one child aged nine months need ideas for activities and planning

crazyhazy
14-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I have an 11m old who I've had since 6m and to be honest I don't really do activities with her yet, she's still too little for most things really. We've tried messy play and painting but she just trys to eat the things lol, so mostly our days are taken up with playing, naps, meals, walks to the park, feeding the ducks and similar. I am going to try her with some water play soon as I think she might get that.

claire'scherubs
14-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Jelly messy play was great for my nearly 1 year old. Didn't matter if it went in his mouth lol x

miffy
14-02-2011, 09:35 PM
For that age your planning will be following her interests, nothing formal needed.

Ask mum what she likes doing at home and build on that.

Miffy xx

munch149
15-02-2011, 11:04 AM
thanks jelly play sounds good but she is veggie and i am having trouble getting hold of geletin free jelly any ideas?

lauren1979
15-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Holland and Barratt or most health food shops do veggie jelly

otherwise you could do water play, a bowl of water with cups etc in to pur and play with, treasure basket, drawing with crayons, assault type course with cushions/boxes, making a den to sit in, read books, sing songs...they only have a few minutes if that attention span though so i wouldn't worry too much about formal activities!

pinklady
15-02-2011, 01:02 PM
My 8month mindee loves the treasure basket, being out in the buggy, pushing a ball along (actually he's pretty good at throwing it :eek: ) and basically putting everything in his mouth :rolleyes: Going to get the ball pit out for him as well, I think he'll love it.

His mum specifically wanted a childminder because she didn't want him to be expected to participate in activities he's not ready for. When she looked around the nurseries even the very little ones were painting etc & she didn't want that. That's her choice of course and another parent may feel differently but I do get what she's saying. She just wants him to be able to eat, sleep & have a little play with things that he likes.