PDA

View Full Version : Registration certificate confusion

Phoenix
14-02-2011, 12:41 PM
I have a real issue working out my registration certificate, this is what it reads

may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years of these not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time

(I think I get this bit - I can have 4 children under 8yrs, and can only have 1 under 1 and 1 under 5 or 2 under 5's!!!! is that right?)

I am currently having a full timer, who is 8months and then a boy who is 2 and have asked for a variation for his sister who is 1, as mum wants to keep them together, this is on an as and when basis due to hospital appts, sometimes I only have the boy which means if I have my full timer that I am within my numbers still, but if mum wants me to have both then that is where the variation comes into play - I have also been asked to drop off and collect from the local nursery another child, who is 3, she will be dropped off at 7.20am which again means I will only have my full timer, then be dropped to nursery at 9am then collected again at 5.30, at which point my full timer will have gone home so again will be within my numbers - am I right?????

Then my certificate says

when caring for a 4 or 5yr old who are in full time education may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education providing the maximum number is not exceeded

So help me on this bit, I did call Ofsted and they said that once my daughter starts school I should let them know??? but thought my children were not included in my certificate???

Blackcat
14-02-2011, 12:47 PM
if your children are under 8 they are included

Mrs Pootle
14-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Then my certificate says

when caring for a 4 or 5yr old who are in full time education may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education providing the maximum number is not exceeded

So help me on this bit, I did call Ofsted and they said that once my daughter starts school I should let them know??? but thought my children were not included in my certificate???

When your child starts full time school, you need to ring Ofsted, They will probably then send you a new certificate that will say you can have 4 children under 8 of which 3 can be in early years.
I did this a few months back when my dd started full time, and my certificate was altered within 2 days.

Phoenix
14-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I have looked at other posts which say that my children arent included!!! Really confused now!!

blue bear
14-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Really don't know why ofsted had to make it so confusing, bring back social services!!!!

You can have 2 under 5 of which only one child can be under 1 on top of that you can have an over 5, the bit at the bottom is incase you take on a school child age 4, you could count that one as your over 5 as they are in full time school.

Your children are not included in your numbers stated on the certificate that is why you can only have 4 not 6, but when your child reaches full time education your numbers get changed on your certificate and will again be changed when she reaches 8

JCrakers
14-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Its really confusing isnt it...:angry:

When I started childminding my own dd was 5yrs so on my cert it stated that I could have 5 under 8's etc....

Now she is nearly 9yrs so when she turned 8 I rang Ofsted and they changed my cert within a couple of days to read I can have 6 under 8's.

So the 4 mentioned on your cert doesnt include your dd..when she turns 8ys you can have it changed to read 5 under 8's

HTH
Becky x