PDA

View Full Version : im feeling down

cheryl6880
14-02-2011, 08:14 AM
hi sorry to rant but just need a moan im feeling really down today you see i was meant to be taking on a new mindee today and on thursday(after id done the settling in on wednesday which she had not paid for as she forgot the money so i told her to add it onto the first fees ) she text me to tell me that she couldnt start today as she was having problems when i asked if she wanted to start later she replyed that she will need a cm but she was not taking this job as the lady was taking to long to sort things out for her so will call when she finds something else then i have had someone show interest in an interview but when i replyed with a date and time she has not replyed to me even though iv noticed shes been on the website since i just feel its all getting to me as i really need the work as im finding it hard to make ends meet iv even brought my prices right down to attract new mindees sorry to moan just really needed to get it off my cheast.

wendywu
14-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Mindees are like buses, it takes ages for one to come along and then they all come at once.

Hang on in there it will happen :thumbsup:

angeldelight
14-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Poor you

I have had that happen in the past and it is horrible

Wendy is right though they are like buses - good description Wendy :laughing: Someone better will come along soon so hang on in there

Good luck vibes coming your way

Angel xx

HELEN10
14-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Mindees are like buses, it takes ages for one to come along and then they all come at once.

Hang on in there it will happen :thumbsup:

Ha, yes they are!! Just happened to me:)

newandlearning
14-02-2011, 09:24 AM
:group hug: :group hug:

I know sometimes this job can be hard especially when you think you've got a new mindee on their way and then things change.. I suppose it might not seem it but possibly it was better this happened now instead of 2 months time when you could have felt more settled with family and lil one.

Try going to groups if you can and put your feelers out and ask other childminders you may know to refer any business they can't take to you.. etc etc.

Let us know when you start getting calls.. good luck and sending you positive vibes.xx:)

cheryl6880
14-02-2011, 01:36 PM
thanks everyone for you good luck fibes on the plus side that lady that hadnt replyed about the interview has now were meeting on wednesday so fingers crossed

The Juggler
14-02-2011, 02:29 PM
sorry to hear that hon. did you take a deposit when you signed contracts. I would do this next time, that way at least you are covered for a few weeks money (plus paperwork and settling in hours) if they don't start.

hugs x

mrs_scottydog
14-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Good luck for Wednesday! Hope you get some more calls through soon Hx