PDA

View Full Version : Parents Questionnaire

donnahay0
20-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Have many of you given your parents a questionnaire to complete asking how they feel about the service you provide?

I have just got some of mine back and was delighted to read what the parents have put - I think it will be valuable for ofsted to see.

What I was wondering was where would you file these afterwards - do you think it would be ok to put them in your portfolio or should they be kept in the parents individual files.

A bit of a silly question I suppose - I think I would like to put mine in my portfolio.

Spangles
20-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I have put mine in the child's file.

I didn't want to put them in the portfolio because they have names etc on them but have wondered about this too - not a silly question!

charleyfarley
20-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm sending mine out next month, hopefully they'll write something nice, ha

I will be keeping mine in the childs folder I think

Carol xx

polobear1970
20-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Donnahay,

What sort of thing did you ask on the questionnaire,

I'm new to childminding, only been reg since Aug 07, but this seams like a good idea, the other question how often do you give them out.

Lisa :rolleyes:

Have many of you given your parents a questionnaire to complete asking how they feel about the service you provide?

I have just got some of mine back and was delighted to read what the parents have put - I think it will be valuable for ofsted to see.

What I was wondering was where would you file these afterwards - do you think it would be ok to put them in your portfolio or should they be kept in the parents individual files.

A bit of a silly question I suppose - I think I would like to put mine in my portfolio.

miffy
20-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Lisa there is a sample parent questionnaire on the bromley site that you can adapt

www.bromleycma.org.uk

I don't give mine out more than once a year as I think parent's get fed up with them otherwise

miffy xx

donnahay0
20-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi Lisa,

Questions asked were basically were they happy with the way we communicate with each other - would they prefer an alternative or combination of methods.

Are they happy with the care, routines etc.
Is there anything they particulary like with the service I provide.
Any comments/suggestions for improving.
Are they happy with the meals/snacks provided.

Anything basically that you would like feedback on, but don't make it too long thought.

I don't hand them out that often, usually like to give the first on to parents who have been with me for 3 or 4 months. Don't want parents getting too fed up with me for handing out forms to complete every 5 minutes.

How often does everybody else issue theirs.

polobear1970
20-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Miffy i'll have a look

Lisa

Lisa there is a sample parent questionnaire on the bromley site that you can adapt

www.bromleycma.org.uk

I don't give mine out more than once a year as I think parent's get fed up with them otherwise

miffy xx

Spangles
20-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I give mine out after child has been with me for about 6 weeks and then I would hand out again every year thereafter.

I think it would be annoying for parents to do it more often?

sarah707
20-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I try to do it annually but only tend to get them back before Ofsted inspections! :rolleyes:

I keep them in my personal development file :D

Lottie
20-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I never thought of this, great idea :thumbsup: . Just got to get the mindee's now... Hmm more paperwork!

donnahay0
20-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Good idea Sarah. Thanks. :)

Tatia
20-04-2008, 04:55 PM
If yu were worried about confidentiality, you could keep the originals in the files and just quote the good bits (leaving out names) for your compliments file.

I'm working on planning sheets at the moment but then will be tackling the parent questionnaire.

jaja
20-04-2008, 06:06 PM
hi

I have asked my parents once a year to fill one out, i get good feedback once a year and the parents can point out good and any bad parts of my service, i ask them to be completely honest, upto now i have only got good reviews!!!!!!

Ofsted were impressed that i do this every year and not just because they were coming.

Jen

xx:littleangel:

mjw
20-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I keep mine in a compliments and complaints file, alongside references from parents and any other nice comments they write in things such as christmas cards or gift labels. ( Not had any complaints yet but you have to have the complaints file for Ofsted :panic: )
Mary

deeb66
21-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I keep mine in a compliments and complaints file, alongside references from parents and any other nice comments they write in things such as christmas cards or gift labels. ( Not had any complaints yet but you have to have the complaints file for Ofsted :panic: )
Mary

I do exactly the same as Mary.

I usually give out the questionnaires every 6 months.

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I do the same as Dee

Hope you manged to get one sorted

Angel xx

venus89
17-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I am putting a space for parents to fil in child's name and DOB at the top - would you also ask parents to sign and date?

katickles
17-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I do these. I keep the hard copy in the childs file as it contains P&C info. I then annonomize(sp!!) a photocopy that i keep in my portfolio.

They are such a fab way to show ofsted that your working in partnership with parents

:)

susi513
24-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Leaving Questionnaire
This is the one I give parents when they leave, so they can give reason for leaving and some comments about my service, what could be improved etc.

I don't include any space for details about the child, except their age. And the only space for parents name is where they can opt to add their name and contact details if they are giving permission for me to give out to prospective parents.

So I can use these forms in a file to show both Ofsted and prospective parents. (and its REALLY useful to show parents who've never met you and didn't find you via personal recommendation).

Ongoing Questionnaire
I've only just started doing this, in view of EYFS emphasis on working with parents and the fact that some parents have been with me a while, don't want to assume they're happy with everything just because they haven't raised any issues. Gives them an opportunity to make suggestions for improvement and comments about meals, outings, activities etc.

Although they usually write as little as possible and YES/NO whereever possible!

these ones I've put in a separate file and these are for me & ofsted only.

Children's Questionnaires.
I've given these to older children, makes them feel important to know their views are as important as their parents. And you get very honest feedback which is very useful. These do not have a space for name either, just their age. So as anonymous I can show them to prospective parents too.

button68
24-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I really wnt to send some of these out but I'm too scared :panic:

miffy
24-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I am putting a space for parents to fil in child's name and DOB at the top - would you also ask parents to sign and date?

Yes I do - I also ask them to sign to say they agree to me showing it to Ofsted and/or prospective parents

miffy xx