PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk

nicola1981
13-02-2011, 08:14 PM
im hoping to be set up in a couple of months, i just wondered how much you think the £20 or £50 fee for registering a full profile on childcare.co.uk is?

Minstrel
13-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Do you mean Do I think it's worth it?

I would browse for a while and maybe pay when you have someone you want to contact.

I have paid but lately there has only been a couple of parents within about 10miles of me and even they haven't been suitable for me to contact.

I think you have to be reg'd to advertise on there- one of the requirements i think is to be reg'd with the approprite authority and say so in your profile.

Good luck!

nicola1981
13-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I have put in my profile im in the process of registering and also when i am to be set up, there does seem to be a few parents that would fit what im looking for so it may be something to consider

xdirtydancerx
13-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I have been registered on there since last May and haven't had a single enquiry. All the parents I've contacted either haven't opened their messages or have turned around and said they want me to drop off/pick up their child from school too far away for me. I've never actually spoken to any other CMs who have had work from the site. It's a very competitive market.

Noomie
13-02-2011, 08:47 PM
A lot of my mindees are from that website. I think it has been very worth it for me in the beginning months. I browsed and wasn't paid up until I was at the very end of the reg process, then paid for 3 months, extended it after that. I guess it depends on area though.

muffins
13-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm just returning to work from being on Mat leave, & have someone I contacted on there signing contract for 2days nxt wk & also another coming for there 1st visit who wants 3days!

I've also had 3 others contact me since who are waiting to see if the above lady will take the remaining 3days!

I've not used them till now because I've always had referals from a large local company, but as they did a cost cutting drive & made all the childcare co-ordinators redundant whilst I was on mat leave they're not at my service! :(

However I'm guessing the companys employees are prob now using childcare.co.uk as they still need childcare! I think its well worth it for me:laughing:

tulip0803
13-02-2011, 10:20 PM
No-one has contacted me through the website. 2 parents registered on there when looking but one contacted me through local FIS, other one met me at the local family centre.

As minstrel says register and wait to see what happens. Also check the dates on the posts as I have noticed that parents (including my 2) never seem to update their posts even after they have what they are looking for.

LittleStar's
13-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Ive had a few from childcare.co.uk, I message everyone that logs on near me or anyone that looks at my profile. I think its a great site xx

mushpea
14-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Ive had a few people contact me on their and have just signed up my 2nd child from off there so it can work,,,cant hurt to advertise on there.