PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour Management & Children's Act 1989 - Wales

webbthomas
13-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm in the pre-reg stage and going through the mammoth task of writing up my policies :panic:

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to find out which section of the Children's Act 1989 we should give particular mention to within our Behaviour Management policy. Any ideas / pointers please would really be appreciated.

My course tutor said that it's in the Children's Act but didn't mention where!

sarah707
13-02-2011, 06:47 PM
As you are in Wales the way you write your documents differs from English childminders - I will move your post to the Welsh section.

I will email you a document in a moment - the answer you are looking for is on page 28 :D

tulip0803
13-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I do not specifically refer to the children's act in my Behaviour management policy. It was fine when I registered with CSSIW a couple of years ago and my inspector has a copy and has not told me it needs to be in it. One of the other local minders has just had her inspection and we are normally told if anything needs to be changed/rewritten and it was all fine.

Check with your tutor. It may be a phrase similar to "I DO not, and WILL not, administer physical punishment of any kind, nor will I use any form of punishment that would be humiliating or hurtful to the child." Which is what is in mine.

manjay
13-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't specifically mention the children's act in mine either. It is not mentioned as a requirement in either the Childminding and Daycare Regulations or the Childminding standards (as they stand it the moment). I have quite a comprehensive policy and a very hard to please inspector and mine is fine. I do put that I have due regard for current legislation but I don't mention specfics.

Polly2
14-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Same as Manjay but I do make reference to standard 8:Behaviour of the national minimum standards for childminders http://www.csiw.wales.gov.uk/docs/standards_child_mind_e.pdf

ncma also have policies you can adapt on their website
http://www.*************/childminders/your_business/policies_and_procedures/sample_policies_for_members.aspx

hope this helps x

webbthomas
21-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks very much for all your answers:D