PDA

View Full Version : First potential mindee

swindonminder
13-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

I have my first parent coming around to speak to me on Wednesday about me taking care of her 2 children. Could anyone give me some advice on what to have prepared, what to discuss etc?

Thank you
Emma

Rmead
13-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi that's great :clapping: I just got my first mindees. They came to visit last week. I had toys out for the children, we spent a lot of time playing - chat lasted almost two hours as we were playing too. I had a parent leaflet for her to take away. I had my portfolio which had the info that's on the leaflet: activities, sample menu, about me/qualifications, fees and how to pay me, what I provide and what they need to provide, all my policies/procedures and certificates for her to look through. Had my health and safety folder with my risk assessments but she didn't want to see them. I only gave the parent leaflet along with my card to take home and then said I'd give a parent pack to her on signing contracts.

She had a list of questions. She asked why I chose to be a childminder, about my experience, how her LOs would fit into my daily life, what a typical day is like, what happens in an emergency. Can't remember what else!

Good luck, hope it goes great :)

swindonminder
13-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Thats great,thank you.