PDA

View Full Version : its it wrong

mushpea
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
to take minded children to a dentist apointment that is for my children?? its either that or I am going to have to have time off , I am hoping to do it in half term as I have less children then and would have all day to fit it in,, thought we could follow it up with something nice like a trip to the park,, its only a check up so shouldnt take to long.

crazyhazy
12-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't think so, what ages are the mindees? You could make it a really positive experience and talk about why we visit the dentist, good brushing etc x

karen m
12-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I would check with parents first and possibly ask dentist if lo could been shown some tools etc then it would be educational too

sweets
12-02-2011, 09:09 PM
ive always taken the children i have nannied for and minded with me to the dentist for check ups and minor treatments, i think they should go from a young age to make it less scary, it really bugs me when parents don't take the children with them. my dentist is really nice and gives all my littlies stickers.

saying that tho i wouldnt take them for long appointments, just check ups and small fillings.

Snoops
12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't think it is wrong. I am taking my own daughter to the dentist in half term and mindees will be tagging along. I believe the children gain a lot by experiencing trips like these. If they were at home with mum they would be doing the same.

Happy Gardener
12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I took my LO's to the hospital when my son needed an ultrasound scan. Both sets of parents were fine. The liitle girl loves doctor roleplay, so it was perfect for her.

wendywu
12-02-2011, 09:47 PM
No its fine, its normal family life and that is what a CM is supposed to offer.

I think the more times a child watches someone else at the doctors, dentist or hospital out patients then the more it takes away any of that childs own worries and fears about visiting the same.

My mindees love the Vets best :thumbsup:

Zoomie
12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I took mindee to dentist last month when my 3 children and I all needed check-ups.

We had to use the back enterance as I couldn't get buggy up and down stairs (my dentist is in basement) but apart from that everything was fine. I did try to get parent to collect early, but she was having a hospital appointment at the same time (for her wisdom teeth removal :laughing: :laughing: )

sillysausage
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll be taking a mindee with me to the dentist next week. Parents have been informed and have no problems with it.

ORKSIE
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I take my Lo's to dentist appts.
They end up with the stickers for being so well behaved! :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
13-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I take my Lo's to dentist appts.
They end up with the stickers for being so well behaved! :thumbsup:

Snap!! I do this as well.

loocyloo
13-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Snap!! I do this as well.

and me!

i don't like the dentist, and i find it makes me calmer to have them there, as i have to be brave !!!!

xxx