PDA

View Full Version : transporting children in a vauxhall zafira - help!

nb73
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
i am wondering if anyone can help. Have a vauxhall zafira, will need to transport 3 children under 4, one is 1 and is a stage 1-3 seat, the other two are in similar seats. I haven't tried but my husband says you can't get 3 car seats on the middle row, can I have a car seat in the front passenger seat? I have an airbag, the handbook is going on about using a transponder car seat - haven't a clue what this is, what do others do with a similar car? If there is a car seat in the front, i know the front seat has to be pushed back as far as possible. thanks!

Ripeberry
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Why can't you use one of the boot seats? I never put any kind of car seat in the front except a booster for kids over 8yrs old.
Have you tried putting all the seats in? It may be a struggle, but as long as they are not wide it should be possible.
Bit more of a problem if you only have a middle seat with a lap belt.

Chimps Childminding
12-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a Zafira and can get 3 seats in the middle - its a bit of a squeeze getting the seat belts clipped in between the seats but they do just fit!
if your seats are too wide I would use one of the back seats, but leave the other one down to make it easier to get lo in and out of the back seat! I never use the front seat unless I absolutely have to!

SYLVIA
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I can get 3 seats across the middle. Once they are in you will be using the 5 point harness so don't need to get to the belt clips. Or as suggested use the back seats as well

spowage
12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
i used to have a zafira i used the back seats all the time for the little ones it was perfect....what about boosters seats and a triangle????

wendywu
12-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Twinkles gets 3 seats across the back of hers.

Perhaps your cars seats are on the wide side :panic:

ORKSIE
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
I use my back seats, and I get seats in the middle too.
Dont use the front seat cos of ABag.
So in total i can carry 5 children safely :thumbsup:

TammyN
13-02-2011, 09:34 AM
i use both my boot seats and middle seats, espacially in the holidays. my double pram still fits in the back too :clapping: i love my zafira

Carol M
13-02-2011, 09:40 AM
i use both my boot seats and middle seats, espacially in the holidays. my double pram still fits in the back too :clapping: i love my zafira

Ditto :thumbsup:
Carol xx