PDA

View Full Version : Question

bubbly
20-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Just trying to get my head around a couple of things for my first inspection this coming week. I need a little bit of advice if anyone has time.

My downstairs has 3 rooms - the kitchen is in the middle and has 2 rooms leading off it with double-doors into both. These rooms are the lounge and the conservatory (dedicated playroom).

The question is this, when it's baby's bottle time, would it be totally unprofessional of me to let the 3 year old continue playing happily in the conservatory whilst I'm in the lounge feeding baby? We'd have the kitchen separating us but all the double-doors would be open (I'd be able to hear her and possibly see her). This is my normal routine but obviously I'm now questioning if the 3 year old should be in the same room with me and baby at all times.

It's no problem me giving baby his bottle in the conservatory but I'm worried I'll forget due to nerves as it isn't what I normally do. Is what I already do really not acceptable? I'm also worried I'll look stupid and over-protective if I insist the 3 year old stays glued to my side at all times. Where do I draw the line?

Gosh, so much to think about and consider!

sarah707
20-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I would stay in the same room as the 3 year old if I were you... it's the only way you can be seen to be keeping her safe, especially as there is a visitor in the house and you can't leave either of the children in the same room on their own as a visitor (even an Ofsted inspector)...:D

miffy
20-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree with Sarah - just feed baby in the conservatory then it will seem like that's what you always do

miffy xx

Alibali
20-04-2008, 05:11 PM
That's what I'd do too. I know where you're coming from though as I have a similar situation with room set up, and sometimes use my lounge (if I'm on here) but can still see them play in playroom, I still feel guilty about being in a different room though even though they can walk straight through if they need me. I wouldn't do it if care commission were here!

Ali:)

angeldelight
20-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Same as above

Good luck

Angel xx

Tatia
21-04-2008, 07:02 AM
I agree as well but you might want to start doing it a few days before your inspection else the 3 yo is likely to grass on you, like "how come you're feeding baby in here today?" :D

Mollymop
21-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Good luck for when the time comes Bubbly, I bet you'll be fine!

bubbly
21-04-2008, 07:43 AM
I agree as well but you might want to start doing it a few days before your inspection else the 3 yo is likely to grass on you, like "how come you're feeding baby in here today?" :D
I know, that's my biggest fear! Plus we now have to introduce the new routine of her waiting at the bottom of the stairs when I go up to take baby for a nap :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spangles
21-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Good luck Bubbly, you will be fine I'm sure, take deep breaths and remind me to do the same when it's my turn for an inspection soon! I feel all nervous just reading your message!

(Your house sounds lovely by the way from your description!)

bubbly
21-04-2008, 08:13 AM
(Your house sounds lovely by the way from your description!)

I just got it valued on Friday & I'm having another valuation today. It's gone up by appox £5,000 since we moved here in Oct '06. Not a huge amount but the market's not so good right now.