PDA

View Full Version : CACHE Level3 diploma help

jellybean cc
12-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I have been childminding about two months now, i have 2 year old twins on a Friday.
I have just had a letter telling me about various courses, the one that stood out was the CACHE level 3 diploma in home based childcare.

Would this one a good one to start with?
Is it suitable for a new childminder?

thanks for any help you can give me.

jellybean cc
16-02-2011, 10:21 PM
any one know anything about this course?
please

missymood
16-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi I have just submitted mine and it was quite in depth I have to say.

Very wordy but worth it imo for new childminders

Good Luck

lynnslittleuns
17-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi i actually started this diploma when i was registering. I found it very interesting and usefull at times. Its a bit heavy going in parts but worth it i think.
Lynn xx

FizzWizz
17-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I started this course during my registration (I have only been registered a few months) and am finding it really useful to make me think in depth about how I want to run my business etc It's making me think about things I prob wouldn't have done so very useful for people without a childcare background. Having said that it's pretty time consuming but I do it when the kids are asleep at lunch!

jellybean cc
17-02-2011, 01:32 PM
have tried to get on it but been told as it may be the last time they will be running it in my area they only want childminders who have been minding at least a few years. So not the happiest person at the moment.
I only mind one and a half days as no other children have started with me yet and now i cant get on the course either. I thought whist i only have part time work it would be a great time to start it.

cazbet
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello Could anyone advise

I am based in Surrey and I have been a childminder for nine years and now work with two assistants I have just registered to become childcare on domestic premises and when I was visited the inspector thought I could use my degree in Health and social care but the CDWC have said its not relevant so I need to try and get a recognised qualification at level three for a Manager.

Does anyone know if I can do a recognised NVQ 3 faster then 18 months in the Surrey area, Could they assess you and move through the work if you can show your knowledge most of the colleges are slow and very expensive, but the course would need to be recognised by the CDWC. Its just I would like to be the Manager of my setting and to avoid employing a Manager.

Would be greafeful for any advice

thanks Caroline