I advertise on.....

My FIS/direct gov website

childcare.co.uk

netmums

this forums ad section

childminders directory

gumtree

Is there anywhere i am missing?

I will be having one little boy as and when needed so may not be regular and I do get quite a few other enquiries but nothings really working out for me, a few have needed a school pick ups from different schools but at the same time as my sons school so i cant help them.
I have had a few visits but one parent chose a nursery instead and another wanted me to hold the space for 4 months but didn't want to pay a penny for this.
I have a visit next week but not to start till July so not sure what will happen with this one, i'm thinking if they don't want to pay a retainer I wont charge until someone else wants the place then the first to sign can have it, is that fair?
I'm just not sure where else to look for mindees as i want to start asap so any tips appreciated. Sorry for waffling!

Kezzle
13-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Go to your local newspaper we get a free one posted through the door every so often, ring to see how much they charge for a little square in their paper. Yellow pages too if you can spare some cash?

tash1508
15-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Yell.com and the Thomson Local online both offer a free one liner!
Hope this helps x

Mrs Pootle
15-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Word of mouth, tell as many people as you can you are a childminder.:)

jake
15-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I was not getting any calls at all,but 6 weeks ago i put a really brightly couloured sign outside my house with my buisiness name and availability,my email adress and phone number on.It was about £15 from vista print,its got flowers,bumble bees ant little hand prints on with the words Learning through play.I cant believe the difference, iv been getting 1-3 calls a week ever since,so glad i did this as its worked a treat!
Jake :clapping:

TinyTinker
16-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I was not getting any calls at all,but 6 weeks ago i put a really brightly couloured sign outside my house with my buisiness name and availability,my email adress and phone number on.It was about £15 from vista print,its got flowers,bumble bees ant little hand prints on with the words Learning through play.I cant believe the difference, iv been getting 1-3 calls a week ever since,so glad i did this as its worked a treat!
Jake :clapping:

Be careful if you do this, some councils charge you for this and require planning permission to have such signs up! Mine does:rolleyes: Can we do anything without planning permission:angry:

Lorraine B
16-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Try Freeindex I have had a few hits off of it but no children :(

Kezzle
17-02-2011, 06:16 PM
How about instead of a sign outside the house, up the window that faces a road instead?