PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Britax B Dual drivers :)

keeks
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi all, I have been using my side by side for a while and actually still quite liking it. However, I am still thinking that living in a city and not owning a car it would be useful to have a tandem.

After all my research I am now leaning towards a Britax B Dual. It's on offer from Babies R Us for £299, second seat included. This is a really good deal, but I'm nervous about ordering something I haven't used.

Any of you who have ever pushed one, how did you find it? Positives and negatives?

xx

jane5
12-02-2011, 10:21 AM
I have been looking at this buggy as well, they are also on sale at tesco direct £300 from £550. :thumbsup:

keeks
12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks Jane, that's so great, it seems the second seats are sold out on Babies R Us so I'm probably going to order one from Tesco today. I have read so many reviews and posts about this buggy and it does seem to suit my needs perfectly.

I'm getting really excited now! :D

xx

hello kitty
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I've had mine since Sept and use it daily. It fits in the boot of my Chrysler Grand Voyager easily and is not too heavy to lift in and out which I have to do up to 4 times a day!! The space between the second seat and the back of the front seat is good and baby has a good view of the world. Big main seat but straps could do with being a bit longer but apparently you can get them replaced by ringing customer services. Raincover a bit tricky but OK.

Overall I am delighted with my pushchair and rate it highly. I don't think you will be disappointed. :thumbsup:

keeks
13-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks hello kitty, it seems most people who have got them really like them. I have read all the threads on here and they all say the same as you, short straps but very good customer services at Britax.

I couldn't contain myself so I ordered one yesterday and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow!!! :clapping:

xx

solly
13-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I love mine, and am waiting for the delivery of my new seats from Britax because of the straps. The new 2011 model has longer straps, again Britax have listened to feedback and sorted the problem, so your straps may be ok.
The rain cover was fiddly but once i realised which way it was meant to go its been fine.lol
I have had mine since December and i have found it better than any other tandem i have had.:)

keeks
13-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I love mine, and am waiting for the delivery of my new seats from Britax because of the straps. The new 2011 model has longer straps, again Britax have listened to feedback and sorted the problem, so your straps may be ok.
The rain cover was fiddly but once i realised which way it was meant to go its been fine.lol
I have had mine since December and i have found it better than any other tandem i have had.:)

I don't know, mine might be the old one as it was so "cheap". Did they send you the seats free of charge? If so it's pretty impressive! :D

I hope your new seats arrive soon! :)

xx

solly
13-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Yes they are sending the seats free of charge, just waiting for them. The straps fit all my other children so they are not that small i have just got a 2 1/2 year old who is a little big and with his thick winter coat couldnt do the straps up, ( he doesn't walk that well, but is getting better) Britax sent me additional clippasafe harness reins which i am using at the moment which do work but it drives me mad when i have to keep changing the straps around as to whether i have the 2 1/2 year old or the 6 mth old baby, so i emailed them and they have been really good

happydays1
14-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi just had a look at this out of interest and just to let you know Tesco has a sale on this buggy:)

keeks
14-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi just had a look at this out of interest and just to let you know Tesco has a sale on this buggy:)

Thanks, that's actually where I got it! :D

It arrived today, and Solly I think it must be the old seats because the straps look pretty short though. I've not tried it with an older child yet though, so I'll find out later in the week.

It's lovely (but pretty big as someone said) and I'm just about to find out whether I can bumb it down the stairs ok. Still really excited! :D

xx

Noodles
14-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks, that's actually where I got it! :D

It arrived today, and Solly I think it must be the old seats because the straps look pretty short though. I've not tried it with an older child yet though, so I'll find out later in the week.

It's lovely (but pretty big as someone said) and I'm just about to find out whether I can bumb it down the stairs ok. Still really excited! :D

xx

Glad you like it .
I road tested mine today lol and love it. For me it beats the phil and teds hands down.

Just one question for anyone who has one ...... what are the little elastic loops for on the front of the hood ???

onceinabluemoon
14-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Glad you like it .
I road tested mine today lol and love it. For me it beats the phil and teds hands down.

Just one question for anyone who has one ...... what are the little elastic loops for on the front of the hood ???

the footmuff (not included) has toggles on it which loop through here and keeps wind etc off baby's face

thats what we use it for anyway

Noodles
14-02-2011, 08:41 PM
the footmuff (not included) has toggles on it which loop through here and keeps wind etc off baby's face

thats what we use it for anyway

Right feel better now i know that been bugging me what they were for. I aint got a foot muff so never crossed my mind only got the apron:) :)