PDA

View Full Version : Phil and teds advice..oh no not another question you cry!

WibbleWobble
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I will be taking on a 16 week old baby in april and i will already have a small 2 yr old to look after.

I want a Phil and teds explorer but i need to work out which configuration i will have to buy.

I know i will need the buggy and doubles kit. Will i need the carry cot thing? in my day a baby was in a carrycot to keep spines straight...i see babies now in carseats on top of buggies.

Its a long long time since i bought a buggy/pram for a baby.....nearly 20 years infact!

I do have a jane powertwin but its old, shabby and very large to store...and i need a sep single for those single mindee days. A p&t will kill two birds etc.

i am having to go to bed now cos i have been a very naughty girl playing out with you lot instead of doing my homework.....actually i feel like :censored: so i am off to bed.

looking forward to reading your advice in the morning:thumbsup::thumbsup:

love

mandy xxxx

crazyhazy
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't bother with the cocoon with a 16 week old especially at that time of year. I had the p&t for my two and used the cocoon a lot from newborn for my youngest who was born in sept but she had out grown it by about 4/5m. The 16w old will be fine lying flat in the main part of the buggy with blankets or a cosy toes.

solly
11-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I did not like the phil & Teds as had so many punctures as i walk everywhere ( even after the green slime i put in it) I have brought the Britax B Dual and the 2nd seat and love it as i have 2 LO's a 6mth old and a 7mth old and the 2nd seat reclines flat which it doesn't on the phil & teds. so if they are both asleep they can both be comfortable, also doesnt tip if the heavier child is in the 2nd seat

mufftie
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I've got the explorer and agree the cocoon thingy would be outgrown very quickly , not sure what age the back seat is from but if your concerned then you could purchase the caraseat and put the younger one on top and the 2 yr old in the double seat

onceinabluemoon
12-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I have the explorer and put the baby (6 months) in the car seat on the travel system frame so he is more comfy and can still see around him not caged away in the dark. With the explorer you can still use the second seat in this mode (not recommended with the sport etc as they tip)

The cocoon is tiny and a total waste of money if its not being used from birth