PDA

View Full Version : Penny Tassoni's Practical EYFS Handbook?

funemnx
11-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm about to order this and thought I'd ask if you have one, has it been helpful or not?

My DO has just been for a visit and showed me her copy, it looks really helpful (and I need all the help I can get!!!) :D

Mcgons
11-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I have it, found it really useful when I was starting out to understand the EYFS and use it now for activity ideas within areas of learning and development.

Depends what you want to use it for if you've been minding a while. I think she has another EYFS book out though, something like continuing success in EYFS?

funemnx
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for that, you never know how useful somethings going to be, the bit I saw looked looked really good and as you say good for ideas too.

I'll be hopefully starting level 3 in September so I think it'll be helpful for that too - I might get the other one as well...

rickysmiths
11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that, you never know how useful somethings going to be, the bit I saw looked looked really good and as you say good for ideas too.

I'll be hopefully starting level 3 in September so I think it'll be helpful for that too - I might get the other one as well...

She has just published a book specifically on the new Level 3 Diploma. Available on Amazon. I have just got it it is very good.

keeks
11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I have got it, even with experience of teaching in a nursery for years I found it interesting and useful. I must admit I haven't read it or used it properly, it's on my to do list... hmmm...:blush:

xx

mrs_scottydog
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I bought it a couple of months ago, my DO recommended it. I've only had a quick look in it a couple of times since :blush: . When I looked last night though I saw how many ideas it had in it so will definitely be using it more from now on Hx

maisiemog
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I have it and its what helped me get my head around the EYFS. Even now I still have it to hand when I write up obs etc to make sure I'm linking to the right area of learning.

Its also given me some great ideas for activities as well which have been very popular with the LOs!!!

Playmate
12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I have it, found it really useful when I was starting out to understand the EYFS and use it now for activity ideas within areas of learning and development.

Depends what you want to use it for if you've been minding a while. I think she has another EYFS book out though, something like continuing success in EYFS?

I have bought this one today at the Nursery world show, have only read a chapter on the way home, but looks equally as good as the first book and comes with a DVD which was filmed in a pre school, nursery and a childminders home. :D

flowerpots
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I bought it a couple of weeks ago, havent read it yet but have a good look through and it looks great, brimming with lovelyactivity ideas. :D

miffy
12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I have this and I like it.

It's set out very well under the 6 areas with lots of ideas for activities to make sure you're covering everything.

Might treat myself to her newest book too, I do like her style of writing.

Miffy xx

SandCastles
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I have this and I like it.

It's set out very well under the 6 areas with lots of ideas for activities to make sure you're covering everything.

Might treat myself to her newest book too, I do like her style of writing.

Miffy xx

ditto - same here I use mine every week and it is perfect for reading a little section with a cup of tea.
May treat myself to her new book, anything to help me feel less flustered.

tracey36
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
i have just brought her latest eyfs book and found it really useful comes with a dvd with great tipes in there to :)