PDA

View Full Version : Another enquirie, what would you do?

berkschick
18-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

I have just had another phone call from my free advert on Gumtree! It is for a 3 year old boy on a Thursday. The thing is I have a little girl already lined up for a Tuesday and a Thursday and my youngest is 16 months so this would make me full on a Thursday. Do you think this would cause me any problems in filling my other spaces? Are most of your mindees part time odd days of the week? I dont want to push myself out of the market by not being able to offer monday to friday care.

Thanks

Debbie

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi

You could say you can do it but explain that if a full timer comes along then you would not be able to do it anymore. I had a little girl I only looked after for one day a week and I explain this to her and she was fine, but you could find you do actually fill the other days anyway.

Hope it works out for you.

Lorraine xx

sarah707
18-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I haven't wanted or done full time for years - I find it too much! But like Lorraine says, if you are wanting a full timer then there's no harm in telling the parent and taking the child on a temporary contract.

berkschick
18-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Im not particularly after full timers, just want to fill my places! I was just worried that most people would be after full time and didnt want to loose out for 6 hours work!

I am more than happy to fill the places with part timers. Is that what most people find anyway, that people are after part time?

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I have full time children and part time children

I do always find it harder to get the full time children though - I was just lucky - word of mouth so to speak

You can fill your spaces and earn a good amount though with just part timers

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

Lou
18-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I find a much higher demand for part time, full time enquiries in my area are few and far between.

I would go for it, i dont think its a good idea to turn people away, but thats just my opinion.

You do what you feel happy with.

Lou xx

berkschick
18-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Thank you for replying! It is reassuring to know that I can take this little one on and hopefully still fill my other places. She only wants 8.45 - 3.15 so it fits in perfectly with the school day.

I have rung Mum back and suggested that we meet up and take it from there so she is coming round on Thursday morning, wish me luck!

This is my first "official meeting"! The little one I have lined up is my neighbours little one so we already know each other! I have explained that I am stilll waiting for my CRB. Mum is a lawyer and Dad a policeman so she understood exactly what I was saying!

Will let you know how I get on!

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Good luck for Thursday

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
18-12-2007, 09:27 PM
good luck for Thursday!

I tend to get phone calls for full time only!! But I live on Forces housing and tend to look after children who's parent both work full time, and thats what the demands for.

bubbly
18-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Good luck for Thursday :)

charleyfarley
18-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Good luck for Thursday

Carol xx

lindylou
18-12-2007, 10:39 PM
If you are going to do it do it but personally if i take a child on i stick to it and you might get an enquiry for a mon tues and wed i would never finish a child because something better comes along
Lindaxx

emler
19-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Good luck meeting the parents tomorrow.
I don't have any full time kids with me right now, only part time which suits me fine. In my area the demand seems to be for part time places.

Emler x

weeteeny
19-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Good Luck for tomorrow!!!

I just got my first visit yesterday and if you try to keep it informal it should go well. at the end of mine the mum was very happy and her 2 are starting on the 7th!!

Hope yours goes just as well:thumbsup:

Mollymop
19-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Good luck for tomorrow morning Debbie!
I hope it all goes well.
Gumtree sounds like a good idea for advertising.:) You have done really well getting interest.

Love Sandra XX

Sarsar3NCH
20-12-2007, 02:00 PM
How did it go???

Sarah

berkschick
20-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I got him!!!

He is a lovely little 3 year old and his Mum and I got on great. He will start asap as I am still waiting CRB clearance :angry:

I dont have any contracts as yet as I am not registered yet. What should I do? Can I order them now or do I need to wait? Mum is keen, and so am I, o sign something to say I will provide him with the space.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes, they must have worked!

Love

Debbie

Spangles
20-12-2007, 07:43 PM
If you aren't registered I'm not sure if the contract would be binding or not.

Why don't you just type her a letter to say that her son is confirmed a place at your setting and what the hours are, start date, what she needs to provide, etc. and give her that?

I have one I could e-mail you as an idea if you like - just pm me your e-mail addy if you want a copy.

LittleMissSparkles
20-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I got him!!!

He is a lovely little 3 year old and his Mum and I got on great. He will start asap as I am still waiting CRB clearance :angry:

I dont have any contracts as yet as I am not registered yet. What should I do? Can I order them now or do I need to wait? Mum is keen, and so am I, o sign something to say I will provide him with the space.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes, they must have worked!

Love

Debbie

thats brilliant news Debbie well done :clapping:

Tily Bud
20-12-2007, 09:32 PM
great news Debbie x

Spangles
20-12-2007, 09:57 PM
(Sorry, just had to say every time I read the title of your thread I think 'enquirie' says 'Enrique' and it's driving me mad! This is your fault Angel!!!!!)

Blaze
20-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Congratulations!
Tasha:)

angeldelight
21-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah I keep thinking that too Lorri haha

Angel xx

angeldelight
21-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Well done Debbie that is great news

Hope all goes well