PDA

View Full Version : Husband Registered Assistant

candylove13
11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone, Im still pretty new to the whole childminding and have recently registered my husband as my assistant. As many others have said, it makes sense rather than looking for someone else outside of the family and I could do with an extra pair of hands.
Hoping someone can help me as confused on whether I need to record the days he helps out- like an attendance register? As we live together and work from home he is here quite a lot but do I need to record when he is in his assistant role? Iyswim....
Also I noted someone of you pay your husband a monthly wage and both go selfemployed. Would I have to pay min wage or set a price? As its all going in the same pot its not something we have really thought about but thinking about what to put in the books.

Thanks ahead for anyone who can help me :thumbsup:

leo3
23-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi everyone, Im still pretty new to the whole childminding and have recently registered my husband as my assistant. As many others have said, it makes sense rather than looking for someone else outside of the family and I could do with an extra pair of hands.
Hoping someone can help me as confused on whether I need to record the days he helps out- like an attendance register? As we live together and work from home he is here quite a lot but do I need to record when he is in his assistant role? Iyswim....
Also I noted someone of you pay your husband a monthly wage and both go selfemployed. Would I have to pay min wage or set a price? As its all going in the same pot its not something we have really thought about but thinking about what to put in the books.

Thanks ahead for anyone who can help me :thumbsup:

i was told to keep a record of hours worked by my partner as i can have 2 more under 5 when hes around. its so if theres a complant ot ofsted that you are over your numbers you can prove he was with you at that time.
if they work more than 16 hours i think, but as he is in the same house you dont with my oh.
hope this helps

rickysmiths
23-02-2011, 10:28 PM
The number of children I care for doesn't alter when my dh is here. He is a teacher so he in the holidays. I don't pay him and I only record if he is left alone with the children at any time.

Pauline
24-02-2011, 07:31 AM
We keep a sole care log as advised by the inspector. I just use a diary and record which of us had the sole care of which children and at what times.

candylove13
24-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks everyone, thats a big help :clapping: . I guess it's better to keep some sort of record rather than not and be questioned later on.

rickysmiths
24-02-2011, 04:05 PM
We keep a sole care log as advised by the inspector. I just use a diary and record which of us had the sole care of which children and at what times.

Thats a great idea I think I might do that.