PDA

View Full Version : Another question...

levason
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
really sorry!

With regards to minding children during school hols only -

1) Do you ask for some kind of deposit to secure their place for each set of holidays, so for example after easter holidays would you ask for a deposit to secure the place for summer hols?
2) does the same 4 weeks notice apply for them to terminate contract
3)If during a school holiday whilst I was caring for them they went on holiday with their family or went to a friends house instead could i still charge my half fee rate?

thank you!!

mufftie
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
IDon't charge for holiday if given the 4wks notice required but if they just don't turn up or they say they're going a friends instead without notice then I charge half fee for whatever hours were booked

mushpea
11-02-2011, 07:23 AM
I dont ask for a deposti because as far as I am concerned the 2 weeks notice applys so they would need to pay for this anyway, if i am on holiday i dont charge any parents anything but if they take a holiday during holiday time then yes they still pay me as they are contracted to come for those hours.

The Juggler
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
you could have a rolling deposit, so they pay for each holiday coming up a month in advance of the holiday. Then if they give notice within the 4 weeks leading up to the holiday you've been paid for the notice period.

Personally I work out what 10 weeks holidays cost (I take 3 weeks off) and then spread the cost Sept/August and they pay a bit each month.

levason
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks girls, so if 4 weeks before the summer hols was due to start they gave 4 weeks notice of termination they obviously wouldn't have to pay anything thing because there not in your care at this time, is that right? xx