PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok?

Straws
19-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

I have been reading the threads on going to the toilet, and what to do with the children when you go. It got me thinking Is it ok to leave a child asleep in a upstairs room or should they sleep in the same room your in?

Straws

Gherkin
19-04-2008, 10:59 PM
It is fine for a child to sleep in an upstairs room as long as it is registered with Ofsted. I do check every 15 min and have a baby monitor. I also have escape plans in the event of an emergency.

bubbly
19-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I do exactly the same as the Cheeky person above :D

nannan
19-04-2008, 11:06 PM
When I have a sleeping baby and I'm at home with them they are either asleep downstairs in the travel cot or upstairs in the travel cot with the baby alarm on and I check on the baby every 10-15 minutes and record it. I much perfer the baby to be downstairs with me so I'm able to see them all the time.

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I have my children down stairs with me when they are sleeping

I would do the same as Mandy though

You are up late Mandy are you ok ?

Angel xx

charleyfarley
20-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Mine all sleep downstairs too when sleeping

Carol xx

miffy
20-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I don't have this problem as I live in a bungalow but I agree with the advice already given

miffy xx

manjay
20-04-2008, 06:54 AM
I do have my ds's room registered for sleepig children but very rarely use it. personally for me I would find it difficult in the event of a fire to get everyone out safely if I have some mindees upstairs and some downstairs. But if you have a plan that you think would work in the event of an emergency then there is no problem

sarah707
20-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Like Manjay says, it's all about being absolutely clear what you would do in an emergency... if you don't feel you could get everyone out safely, then change what you do until you are happy. :D

teacake2
20-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I have never put mine upstairs to sleep after a visit from a fire safety officer, his advice was to have them sleep on the ground floor even if it meant that their sleep was sometimes disturbed, this would make it easier to evacuate everyone in the event of an emergency. But he did work with me to devise an escape plan incase of an occasion when myself or one of the older ones had gone to the loo.
Teacake2

Straws
20-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the advice, I have never thought about fire risks and getting children out who are upstairs. From now on i will set the travel cot up downstairs.

Straws xx

Michelle M
20-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I have all my children sleeping downstairs as well :)