PDA

View Full Version : Not sure whether to close tomorrow?

rhea26
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I am after advice please, my ds came home from pre school really tired and full of cough, he was tired this morn and been coughing this morn but playing fine with mindee I had today, he fell asleep on way home in his sisters buggy as he was to tired to walk, he look shattered, he is still sleeping now and thinking if he is still coughing and like this tomorrow he wont be going to pre school.

merry
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
In your situation I'd definitely have the day off, I'd assume the mindees Mum wouldn't want her child to catch the illness from your ds anyway.

:)

sarak31
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Think it sounds like you already know what you want to do - at the end of the day you have do to what you think is right for your son. How well do you get on with he parent of the mindee you have tomorrow - could you give them a ring tonight and ask them if they would mind if you close as your son is ill and refund them the money, say you are worried about passing it on to their child and obviously would appreciate the day off to care for your own son - see what she says - that might solve your dilema for you?

Ripeberry
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I've had the exact same thing this week with my 6yr old DD. She was being very sick on the Tuesday night, so I texted mindee's mum to say I 'may' have to close in the morning and I'll let her know.
This being sick went on all night and DD was shattered and so was I. I rang mindee's parents to say that I am closing for the day.

The mum actually said to me "Can't he still come? Why not keep your DD upstairs?"
This annoyed me as a) my DD needs me b) mindee would not leave her alone if she was downstairs and anyway I needed to keep and eye on her and a bucket of sick is not good. c) mindees mum is still on maternity and just wanted some time off, well she would soon blame me if he gave her familly the 'bug'.

So in a nutshell, if your child is ill and they need you, close!

sandy64
10-02-2011, 06:12 PM
1.Do you think its infectious? if yes dont work if no dont feel bad if you work and have a chill day watchin dvds and having cuddles stories etc:)
2. if you no mums at home anyway take day off and chill out with your son
i hope your son is ok not nice when there poorly and you have to work:)

nic t
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I would take the day off and look after your LO which I think is what your leaning towards!

As a general rule if I think it is not contagious, bad cough etc, then i will give the parents the choice as to whether or not they want their children to come. Anything contagious, sickness etc then I tell then that unfortunately I can't have their children.

rhea26
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all your kind replies, I am very good friends with the mum and I know she would be fine, she wouldnt worry about her child catching it.

miffy
10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Hope your ds is feeling better tomorrow.

Miffy xx

jane5
10-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I think you are right to close, hope he gets better soon:(