PDA

View Full Version : Taking in a student.

aly
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
My cm friend has been contacted by a college to take in not 1 but 3!!!! students, she said no could accomodate 1 but not 3, just not doable...anyway she did say that she knew of another cm {me} who may be interested in taking 1 in too......so I want to know if anyone has taking in a student and what to expect...and what paperwork would I need to make sure I have in place ..ie permission forms from parents etc.

any help woulf be appreciated

x

jamiebec2000
10-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I would be interested in peoples advice and experiences too, i have been approached by the college and was wondering what extra things need to be done

THanks

TRACEY1969
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Don't quote me on this but i think you need employers insurance, written permission off parents, if your not sure ring your DO and they will tell you. Good Luck.

manjay
10-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I have one starting soon. Well if the college get their act into gear and come and check my home is safe:rolleyes:

Is your PLI with MM. If so they have employers liability included. NCMA I think they waive the charge if it is for students but you do need to ring. they should have CRB already if they are doing a childcare course but get a copy for your records. I have mentioned it to parents but I don't have signed permission as she will never be left alone with them.

happydays1
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi i had a student start last week, ncma insurance covers you but you have to let them know so they can send a employee certificate. They should send a health and safety officer around to fill in a form and talk to you and you have another form from the college to fill out. I have a policy and procedure for taking students and a permission form from parents. Check on your car insurance if you need to as well, i think thats about it.

aly
10-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi i had a student start last week, ncma insurance covers you but you have to let them know so they can send a employee certificate. They should send a health and safety officer around to fill in a form and talk to you and you have another form from the college to fill out. I have a policy and procedure for taking students and a permission form from parents. Check on your car insurance if you need to as well, i think thats about it.
I am with NCMA so will check with them if everything goesthrough.

just out of curiosity, why would I need to inform car insurance..surely if my car is business and social I wouldnt need to?

Kat
17-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi

I will have student in ... and just wondering if we need to pay them?

aly
17-03-2011, 05:58 PM
No we don't pay them x

Kat
17-03-2011, 06:32 PM
:clapping: thank you ... i got scared she will invoice me at the end of the placement :)

beccas
18-03-2011, 01:50 PM
hi i have a student with me i needed a employers liability cert.... and assesor comes out every so often to observe the student but all good fun the studen t also had a crb check and she has accessed training via my local la... she will be finishing end of march but should be getting a new one after easter.

I also do work experience for comprehensive schools i have one comming to see me tonight she due to start 28th march for 2 week s then i got another starting 3rd may for 2 weeks.

its all good fun i have received no hassle and the students love it cos its so diffferent to what they expect but so more relaxed than a nursery/ daycare iyswim...