PDA

View Full Version : advertising on childcare.co.uk?!?

levason
10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hiya!

Im new to childminding, have my first mindee starting in May and have had a number of enquiries which is promising. I've also had a number of people view me on childcare.co.uk, so i then msg them to introduce myself and offer to send them some further information but never seem to hear back from these people. One person has viewed me a couple of times and sounded like it would be good business so messaged them back but nothing, I find it really irratating when I don't get a reply to messages- even if its to say they're not interested, I know it's part of the job but grrrrr!!! Sorry just having a little grumble, lol!xx

birch24
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Hiya!

Im new to childminding, have my first mindee starting in May and have had a number of enquiries which is promising. I've also had a number of people view me on childcare.co.uk, so i then msg them to introduce myself and offer to send them some further information but never seem to hear back from these people. One person has viewed me a couple of times and sounded like it would be good business so messaged them back but nothing, I find it really irratating when I don't get a reply to messages- even if its to say they're not interested, I know it's part of the job but grrrrr!!! Sorry just having a little grumble, lol!xx

It is annoying I know, it happens a lot. But don't give up as I have had 3 families that are great from childcare.co.uk.

Good luck with your search.:D

Minstrel
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I must have a really rubish profile because i rarely get a reply.....maybe 1 in 10?

It's not you it's them...rude people!

kel1983
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Its very annoying. I would email a reply even if it was not suitable. Its just polite to.

I sent one yesterday to a parent on there. They didnt have anything written other than a tag for childminder. So I emailed her just to introduce myself. She read my profile and never even replied. She has now updated her profile which is not suitable for me anyway but at least she could have replied a simple thanks but no. How hard is it people. :angry:

Other than these people that dont reply I find it a really good website. I have got all my mindees through it and possibly another.

Newbie1!
10-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I am sooo with you on this one!! It drives me insane!! There was one local mum (literally two streets down) who needed after school. everything she asked for and wanted I could do and basically I ticked every box. I mailed her with the usual gumpf, and she viewed me, six times in total!! When nothing for a week I mailed her again and basically said hope youve found someone suitable etc etc but please let me know and I'll remove you from my favourites list - still no response. I know (as I pretty much know all the minders in my little village!!) that none of them have had an enquiry like this and as I know mums name its easy to find out, so why on earth post that as a wanted and even if things have changed why not then remove it etc to save all us daft mares replying!!!

Phew....that was meant to be a quick reply and that turned into a rant too!!! :panic:

flowerpots
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
it is very annoying, i always send messages to parents on there but rarely get replies back. i was talking to a local minder about it the other day and she said it used to happen to her but she now rings them and gets alot of her mindees through them, so thats what il be doing next time i have a vacancy. :thumbsup:

the happy house
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Yep, I have a similar problem.
I've contacted 9 parents in the last 2 weeks. All newly registered so not as though their details had been kept on the site and they no longer needed care. They haven't even opened their messages?! What's that about? Why post wanting childcare but then not even look at the responses?

levason
10-02-2011, 01:01 PM
It only shows the personal e-mail address on this message so will msg them that way too, but I agree I notice alot of parents who post childcare requirements and don't seem to log in again, strange!! Especially as they have to pay to register contact details?!? Im on their religiously, lol! xx:D

moogster1a
10-02-2011, 01:02 PM
You do all know that they can't view your profile, don't you?!!
Unless they pay the subscription, the parent can view the message but not your email or phone number on your profile.
I always reply including my phone number and email in the message.

Shirlwith3
10-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I konw what you mean I had one lady message me back saying would nice to meet up for a chat so I said I am available XXXX but she never got back to me, she is still looking on the website.

I have aslo contacted a lady with twins ,I already care for twins part time term time only mum signed contract when she came for a visit as she could not find anyone with space for 2 under 1yrs & this lady with twins wants only a afternoon which would fit in well with the other set of twins but hse just not got back to me.

singingcactus
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
To be fair, if you approach them they are under no obligation to answer your email. I know they have viewed your profile, but simply viewing it does not mean they are ready to begin negotiations.
I've written to a couple of families here letting them know that I have a space that fills their requirements, 2 got back to me - and I have those children, one family did not reply, they haven't logged back in since they enrolled so probably have their childcare sorted now. It doesn't bother me that they haven't replied - even if they had read the message it wouldn't bother me. It's their choice, and maybe they would prefer to make the first contact rather than the other way round.

mufftie
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I've been added as someones favourite buy not had an email off them
I'm not chasing them as I'm full till sept but that is clearly stated in my add

Would be nice to know why I'm in their fab list though

levason
10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Thats fair enough, i think as a newbie your sooo keen to get going that you (well I ) get quite excited when someone views my profile, especially as this particular one was requiring some particular things that I could offer such as a specific location. Hey ho!!:)

keeks
10-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Hiya!

I agree, it doesn't take much to send a reply.

However, it's the parents who actually do reply you want to do business with anyway, the non-repliers can go somewhere else. ;)

I have messaged loads of people on there, but only a few replied - and I am currently caring for all of them except for one who chose a nursery instead! :D

xx