PDA

View Full Version : Oh Wow! The cheek of the woman!

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Some of you may remember the twins that i keep humming and hahing over? The mum has messed me about a bit, firstly asking me numerous questions of which i answered as i should. She failed to reply to me for nearly 2 weeks whilst she hedged her bets (fair enough, we're all entitled to shop around) and then when she discovered no room at any other Inn's (which didn't do my confidence a great deal of good, i will admit:rolleyes: ) she messaged me back with a load of made up nonsense as an excuse (just tell the truth? i was shopping around...no big deal is it?) and said that she would like to meet me and could i offer her an appointment. I did this for the Friday, giving her my contact details and address. Friday came and went and i still didn't hear from her until i received a message from her, explaining that her mother in law would be giving up her job to care for the children.
I replied with a good luck and left it at that.

A few days later she messaged me AGAIN saying that her plans had fallen through and could she come to see me again, this time with her husband?

I replied that i am sorry for your predicament but my spaces have been filled (a white lie - just cant deal with someone THIS disorganised who obviously changes her mind as the fancy takes her..)

She then replied saying how annoyed she was! It was unfair and i shouldn't have given the space away! :eek: She did admit that it was her own fault but still was very cross because she needed my space as it was so convenient for her and i was offering exactly what she wanted....hmmm....

oh dear me....how can you be cross with someone for not hanging around for you when you have totally messed them around and not only not turned up for an appointment but not even apologised or mentioned missing it?? You just wouldnt even say it would you? :laughing:

lucky escape methinks!

Random person! :laughing:

Gherkin
10-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh dear. I think people sometimes for get that at the end of the day we are trying to run professional businesses and that we cannot just keep spaces indefinitly.

You may well have had a lucky escape.

Toothfairy
10-02-2011, 10:00 AM
She sounds like a nightmare, lucky escape me thinks!

mufftie
10-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Definitely the right thong done there imagine what she would be like further down the line

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
i thought so too, although i did feel like i was turning down work, well needed work and that i should have taken her on just because she was enquiring but then i had flash backs, remembering all of your words saying go with your gut and dont just take someone on for the sake of it when they do not suit...
still feel bad about it but i know i would only end up on her complaining about her and her unreliability...what would pay day have been like i wonder?

Ripeberry
10-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Nightmare! Sounds like she panicked a bit when she found out how much everything was going to cost. She needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Twins are always going to be expensive and it seems she can't rely on relatives either.
Hope you fill your spaces soon :)

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
yes i reckon, it does sound a lot that is for sure. Such a shame i couldnt offer a BOGOF.....oh wait! I did! :laughing:

MaryMary
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, you are obviously bang out of order for filling a space she had already said she didn't want! Don't you know that when someone has made an appointment (that she chose to ignore!) you have made a concrete agreement to hold that place for at least 5 years, just in case they change their mind? :laughing: :angry:

I think you are well out of it. She sounds like a fruit loop :D

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, you are obviously bang out of order for filling a space she had already said she didn't want! Don't you know that when someone has made an appointment (that she chose to ignore!) you have made a concrete agreement to hold that place for at least 5 years, just in case they change their mind? :laughing: :angry:

I think you are well out of it. She sounds like a fruit loop :D

:blush: i know and i feel so dreadfully sorry for it....so unproffesional of me :blush:

:laughing:

nic t
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Sounds like you had a lucky escape!!! :panic:

maryp0ppins
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
If you did need the work you could always call her to say another availability has arose and if she still wants it to come sign with the first months full advanced payment before the weekend :blush:

Fill in the 4 weeks settling in period, she'll have paid so risk it. if your not happy with her/them then terminate :blush:

Minstrel
10-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm about to do the same thing!

I might be being a little harsh with mine but manners go a long way!

I replied to her ad on childcare.co.uk. She has read it, added me as a favourite and keeps looking at my profile almost daily. Yet still has not replied even to say 'thanks but no thanks' or 'I'm just waiting on another option' etc etc.

When or If she gets back to me I'm going to say the place has gone. I just find it so rude that people can't even reply to a short message.

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm about to do the same thing!

I might be being a little harsh with mine but manners go a long way!

I replied to her ad on childcare.co.uk. She has read it, added me as a favourite and keeps looking at my profile almost daily. Yet still has not replied even to say 'thanks but no thanks' or 'I'm just waiting on another option' etc etc.

When or If she gets back to me I'm going to say the place has gone. I just find it so rude that people can't even reply to a short message.

I feel exactly the same! i may be considered pedantic when it comes to manners but if someone cannot extend me the courtesy of a truthful reply within a decent time frame (2 to 3 days IMO a week MAX) then i just write them off. I am a stickler for punctuality and i always try to reply to any message within 24 hours. It doesn't take 5 minutes to log on to check your emails :D I think that 2 weeks just shows that you cant be bothered and that is not good enough for me, who can be bothered :thumbsup:

*emergencies excepted :thumbsup:

miffy
10-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Eeeeee some people have no idea do they? :rolleyes:

I think you have had a very lucky escape - if her view of life is so blinkered I think she would have been a nightmare to work with.

Hope you get a nice enquiry soon :)

Miffy xx

~Chelle~
10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
What a horrible woman, glad you decided against taking them on, told you to go with your gut and it was proved right xx

FussyElmo
10-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Definetly sounds like a lucky escape :thumbsup:

Fancy you not holding the place when she had told you her MIL was going to look after them :laughing: how very inconsiderate :laughing: some people really amaze me.

The Juggler
10-02-2011, 12:30 PM
i agree with fussy - a very lucky esape!

Mookins
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
must be a week of it:angry: :rolleyes:

xx

Tinglesnark
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
:laughing: it is crazy!
I am really fed up with the amount of people that speak of our profession in a derogatory way! sitting in dirty Donald's with the boys this afternoon and overheard a woman telling her friend about her "friend" that uses a childminder "i cannot believe how much she expects to be paid! for goodness sake! she is at home with no overheads and she gets to be with her own kids and she has the cheek to charge poor *jane* £3.50 an hour AND SHE DOESNT EVEN PROVIDE THE MEALS!! You'd never catch ME using a childminder!"

:angry:

another woman at the preschool the other day was moaning about her nursery charges for 2 children "£70 a week! its extortion! i think i need to find a cheap and cheerful childminder, the care wont be as good but i suppose it will save a few pennies" :eek: I said, well don't look at me cos i AM GOOD at what i do, you would be surprised at just how good us registered childminders are! You'd have to go a long way to find a better biscuit and i know that i would rather choose a childminder any day BECAUSE of how strictly regulated we are"
"oh really?" she replied....
:rolleyes:

this was the one that wanted me to pick her children up on the way to play school and drop them off for her for "mates rates" she lives 5 houses away from the place....

i told her to get a nanny :laughing:

~Chelle~
18-02-2011, 05:24 PM
She must be getting desperate, she has viewed my childcare.co.uk profile twice today and I have already told her NO lol:laughing: