PDA

View Full Version : A little advice needed

kel1983
10-02-2011, 08:47 AM
My mum and me both became registered at the same time. I live with my parents so the idea was I would start minduing asap and my mum would eventually join me once we have enough children.

I have been minding since last november and now there is the possibility of me taking on a 1 year old which may mess up my numbers. If the parents decide to choose me it will be enough for my mum to give up her job and come and work at home.

What I want to know is how do we sort out the pay. Does she take on some children herself and I keep mine or is there another way of doing it. Perhaps putting all money into one account and being paid from that. And then how does the tax work.

Would someone who is in the same situation please help me out.

MaryMary
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi,
I didn't want to read and run :)
I haven't got experience of this myself, but I have a CM friend that works with another CM at her house. As I understand it, they each have children contracted to them individually. The non-resident CM then pays the resident CM a rent for the use of her premises. She doesn't have overheads as such (heating, lighting, etc) but would put through costs of materials (arts/crafts/toys etc) to her own books (I assume).
I hope this helps :)

kel1983
10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I didn't want to read and run :)
I haven't got experience of this myself, but I have a CM friend that works with another CM at her house. As I understand it, they each have children contracted to them individually. The non-resident CM then pays the resident CM a rent for the use of her premises. She doesn't have overheads as such (heating, lighting, etc) but would put through costs of materials (arts/crafts/toys etc) to her own books (I assume).
I hope this helps :)

Thanks Mary

That is some help.
Thats how I was thinking.

mufftie
10-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Not sure how the tax would work but , I feel if I was in that position that it would be better if you could afford to split the money separately

I feel there would be less animosity between you and you would both feel equal
Good luck though as it's a tricky one