PDA

View Full Version : Observations

brit_chick
19-04-2008, 08:01 PM
What kind of observations can i do for a 6 month old,nearly 2 year old & a 4 year old?? The 6 month old can nearly hold his bottle on his own & the nearly 2 year old has just started to say my name :D Bless Him :)

Cammie Doodle
20-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Brit Chick
You have answered that yourself really, you have just said what they are doing , so write this down where you are going to record your Ob's . Short sentences is all that is needed. You can then follow by saying future planning for 6mth is :give him more things to hold to encourage his fine motor skills and for 2yrs old say you are planning simple books,(ie one word per page) flash cards etc to encourage his communication / recognition skills. ;)

June

Tatia
20-04-2008, 09:40 AM
What games do you play with the 6 month old and how does he react? Does he smile, turn away, wave his hands and feet, coo, babble, make an O with his mouth, widen his eyes, reach for whatever you are holding, reach for you, smile at you when he sees you? Is he sitting up, crawling, showing preference for toys, being weaned, rolling over (front to back and back to front), making attempts to crawl, deliberatley moving towards a toy he wants? Does he look for an item you have moved from his line of sight or assume it doesn't exist because he can no longer see it? There are so many little things that are important developmental milestones for a baby of that age. Lucky you! I've had two LOs that age before but they are all gown up at age 1 now, hehe. :D

sarah707
20-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I think if you do everything mentioned above... plus look through the eyfs for learning and development ideas for each child's age and stage of development... you will be there! :D

miffy
20-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree with Sarah

miffy xx

brit_chick
21-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok thank you :)

angeldelight
21-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I agree with Sarah

Angel xx