PDA

View Full Version : Remind me....

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Have been on mat leave for 6 months now and am preparing for my return!

I have two sets of parents coming next week for contract signings. One family is a 18mth old and a 5 yr old, and the other family is also a 5 yr old.

I can do this can't I? My children are 7, 4 and under 1.

Can you also remind me of paperwork I must give them/get them to sign? So far I have contracts, permissions, my little book i carry, starting points form, and a routine form (for the youngest one).

Anything else i might have forgotten in my baby brain fog?

Sally West
09-02-2011, 08:24 PM
No you can't! You can only have 3 children between the ages of 1 and 5 (up until 31st august following their 5th birthday) ;)

FussyElmo
09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
No you can't! You can only have 3 children between the ages of 1 and 5 (up until 31st august following their 5th birthday) ;)

Im assuming the two 5yo's will be in fulltime education so will be classed as rising 5's so Minstrel is still withing her permitted numbers

And yes you can you will soon get back into the swing of things :thumbsup:

birch24
09-02-2011, 08:28 PM
You can as they count as over 5 once in full time education. :D

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 08:29 PM
The 2x 5 yr olds and my own 4 yr old are all in reception.

I hope so, I feel like a newbie again at the minute!

Mollymop
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM

Yes she can!:)
You may care for up to 3 children UNDER the age of 5 at any one time. 5's and over are not counted. Minstrel's 2 new charges are 5 years old (not under 5)

Sally West
09-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I wasn't allowed to take on three 5 year olds while i has a 3 year old as that was classed as 4 children in the 1-5 bracket. Also if some areas do allow this is having 3 children in the 5-8 age group also allowed? Both of these would not be allowed in yorkshire :(

Mollymop
09-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Also if some areas do allow this is having 3 children in the 5-8 age group also allowed? Both of these would not be allowed in yorkshire :(

You may have 3 or 4 or 5 children in the 5-8 bracket as long as you don't go over your permitted number of children which is stated on your certificate (usually 6 children under 8 at anyone time depending on the ages of your own children)
IE - I am allowed 5 mindees at anyone time, 3 under 5 or even 5 in the 5-8 bracket if I so wish :)
xx

Sally West
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks like every area is different then :D

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Looks like every area is different then :D

No we are all registered by Ofsted in England so all have the same rules.

If I can then you can.

Goatgirl
09-02-2011, 08:57 PM
You may have 3 or 4 or 5 children in the 5-8 bracket as long as you don't go over your permitted number of children which is stated on your certificate (usually 6 children under 8 at anyone time depending on the ages of your own children)
IE - I am allowed 5 mindees at anyone time, 3 under 5 or even 5 in the 5-8 bracket if I so wish :)
xx

Yes you can :thumbsup:

I am allowed 6 under 8's at any one time, 3 of whom can be under 5 and of these only one can be under 1. However, once a child is 'rising 5' i.e. in full time reception my under 5's numbers can be increased by the number of risong 5's I care for. So long as I don't exceed the 6 under 8 rule.

Hope that makes sense :D

Playmate
09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes you can :thumbsup:

I am allowed 6 under 8's at any one time, 3 of whom can be under 5 and of these only one can be under 1. However, once a child is 'rising 5' i.e. in full time reception my under 5's numbers can be increased by the number of risong 5's I care for. So long as I don't exceed the 6 under 8 rule.

Hope that makes sense :D

This is my understanding too :D If you are unsure with the 4 -5 year olds just give ofsted a ring to clarify. Great that you have worked lined up again :thumbsup:

georgie456
09-02-2011, 09:15 PM
My understanding is yes you can - Once children are in reception they are classed as rising 5's, even if they are still 4 and this still stands during any school hols/TD days - I double checked this at my inspection and she confirmed it for me.
If in doubt, give them a quick call.

Goatgirl
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
If its not already on your certificate though, you'll need call ofsted, to get the wording changed to allow the extra under 5's :thumbsup:

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I do already have this on my cert, thank goodness!

Anyone else think that Ofsted need a new way of explaining our numbers on our certs.....seriously....all this confusion!

georgie456
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
If its not already on your certificate though, you'll need call ofsted, to get the wording changed to allow the extra under 5's :thumbsup:

Agreed! That's what my inspector arranged! It must have the rising 5 statement on your certificate.

onceinabluemoon
09-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Was just about to add this same comment.

Sally West, I think there was some confusion when EYFS first came out, perhaps you asked during this period? It is definitely true that rising fives in full time education are counted as 5 to 8 years old for the purpose of your numbers, I double checked it with ofsted in 2 consecutive years just to make sure. BUT you do need it on your cert so if you dont have this call ofsted and ask for your cert to be amended. :)

miffy
09-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I wasn't allowed to take on three 5 year olds while i has a 3 year old as that was classed as 4 children in the 1-5 bracket. Also if some areas do allow this is having 3 children in the 5-8 age group also allowed? Both of these would not be allowed in yorkshire :(

I think you've been misinformed. Perhaps you should check with Ofsted again.

Miffy xx

Sally West
10-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm so glad I read this post! My new certificate has been emailed to me :) So all this time i've turned down parents when I didn't have to :mad:

Thanks guys for setting the record straight :clapping:

Minstrel
10-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Very glad :thumbsup: