PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck!

Lick'le Oakes
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Had a phone call Monday to take on two children, one being under one. Spent all day and evening trying to decide whether to do it all not, as it will mean getting an assistant again, which i'm really not sure if I want to go down that road again. Literaly talked about nothing else all day trying to decide.
Anyway parent came to see me yesterday, fell in love with me and the setting but asked me for sibling discount. So again I said I will talk about it to my husband and get back to her, really would like to help them out but needed to add money etc. Spoke to someone about being an assistant to offer her a job, who got really excited about working. So then husband went to do school run and pick up the local paper.
Twenty minutes later he came back and parents were still here. Husband got chatting asked where she was going to work etc, she said the company's name, then husband showed her the front page off the paper. She basicaly looked so shocked, turned a funny colour and went slightly hesterical, me, I didn't have a clue what was going on and just carried on playing with the little ones. So after hesterics, they showed me the paper which basicaly said the company she was starting her new job on Monday with as gone into liquidation eek: :eek: So no job after all!!!

Could only happen to me !!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

bexcee
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh no :eek: the poor mum finding out like that and poor you for losing potential work.

Hopefully she will soon find another job and now that she has met you etc will give you a call and you will soon be having the children.

Fingers crossed :)

Lick'le Oakes
09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Felt so sorry for the lady, can't believe she found out like that. She has now been a job there but just for two months. So I have said I will help her out for that time.

MaryMary
10-02-2011, 09:24 AM
That poor lady :panic: what a horrible shock for her :(
What an awful position to be in. The morale in that company will be rock bottom for the next 2 months - not good for job satisfaction :eek:
Wishing you good luck :thumbsup:

The Juggler
10-02-2011, 09:51 AM
oh my goodness. poor woman and poor you hon:(